captiveworks software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thetractorking

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Beaumont TX
I was reading some of the posts the other day, and someone mentioned loading the Kround. I've never hooked up my computer to my box. Should I do it? What will be the benefit of loading that software?

Other than a different looking screen, there really is no difference

I know "Kround" is the new name of the software for illegal purposes (but some of us have older versions that just gave it a different screen. It doesn't get any channels it shouldn't) :)

Iceberg said:
Other than a different looking screen, there really is no difference

I know "Kround" is the new name of the software for illegal purposes (but some of us have older versions that just gave it a different screen. It doesn't get any channels it shouldn't) :)

I beg to differ with you, Iceberg. Kround is the name of the new OS version 1.13 that is now available at the CaptiveWorks website for the CW600s. There is no hackware involved.

my apologies. I hadn't looked recently at the CW site :)

I always heard "Kround" and I understood it as illegal software....guess I have to look before assuming :)

From what I gather, the original OS on the CaptiveWorks CW600s was the same OS on the Skyview STB. Captive developed their own OS and called it Kround.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)