Carbon UI Suggestions Thread

I'm ok with one banner, though I would appreciate the ability to turn it off. Still one is SO much better than Directv. Man there's ads everywhere and they're so annoying. I'm just afraid of it being a slippery slope. Where dish will say "oh one was ok, let's add a bunch like Directv"

Suggestion for the new UI
We have a great Netflix app, I use it every day and you browse and find the shows you want.
Now we need the HBO App on the Hopper , great menu, easy to find the shows you like.
While were at it, why not add the Amazon app so we can call the Hopper the complete TV solution internet streaming and SAT.

Totally agree. They need to add Amazon, Hulu, HBO GO\NOW, Starz Play, Sho Anytime, Encore, Epix, Spotify, Apple Music. All the top streaming apps. Then I wont need to switch over to my roku anymore. YouTube will be cool whenever it arrives.

Reactions: GaryPen
i going to be honest with you guys the hopper is not suppose to have alot of apps on there someone here told me that if you add alot of apps it hurts your hopper.i know you want alot apps you guys know that there are two i only want i cannot say them i do not want another vacation.so do not get angry with me.

When changing channels the banners take up too much space. The lower banner should be removed. They need to give a setting to change the amount of time to display the banner before it disappears. I want this to be much shorter.

Attachments

• 1453841278010.jpg
    1453841278010.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 227
Expand the guide theme colors to all/more screens. For instance, with the "Dark" theme, the right-hand pane in the DVR menus is still gray, not black. Same with the "Menu" screens.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: peggy97850
- Change the text color of OTA station IDs (or whatever they are called in the far-left box in the guide) to something other than yellow for the "Light" guide.

- Add a logo for OTA stations other than the washed-out Dish logo

Unless I'm missing it, the "green button" options are gone in recordings: Folders by Title, Folders by Genre, My Folders, and No Folders - i'd like to see those back if they are indeed gone.

Do you HAVE any folders? If not, the option to sort with them may not appear until then.

Do you HAVE any folders? If not, the option to sort with them may not appear until then.

I have "folders by title" but with the problems I'm having with programs listed incorrectly, i'd like to turn them off altogether - I don't see that as an option tho.

I had what was known as "folders by title" on the old - apparently this is now the default unless you create your own custom folders.