Cardinals in HD

sean321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
Des Moines
I have recently noticed that not all Cardinal games especially road games are broadcast in HD. They are on Directv....what gives??

Sean321

The reason for this is due to the amount of bandwidth that we have available. Some times there are too many games are being played than what can be broadcast in HD. We are actively working on expanding our resources to provide even greater coverage for your favorite HD events.

I have recently noticed that not all Cardinal games especially road games are broadcast in HD. They are on Directv....what gives??

the cardinals have been on hd alternate channels and last night they were on 444 and tonight they are on channel 445 in hd :)

So if that's the case, why are the Cardinal games always seem to be in the alt channels to get them in HD. Is the banwidth worse this year then last? There have been more Cardinal games not in HD in the first two weeks of the season this year then all of last year total and it's not getting better. So my question is where did all the bandwidth go if it's not available for as many games as last year. Could it be that the larger markets get priority over the smaller markets. It has been my understanding that Dish was working towards making this situation better but it appears that it is getting worse. Thanks for listening. Go Cards!

This is the only thing keeping me from switching to dish. I'm a dns tech and I could save myself 40-50 bucks a month but I refuse to not have the Tigers/Red Wings in HD. The only concrete answer I've been able to get regarding FSD-HD is "it depends". Until I'm sure I'll stick with the other satellite provider.

I'm still waiting to see the good news. There has been no increase at all of HD coverage of the Cardinals on FOXMW-HD since the increase of bandwidth last week. If the game is on a HD ALT channel then why can't FOXMW-HD be mapped to that?

Cards in HD on 446 tomorrow, 445 Thursday, 449 Friday and Saturday, 447 next Tuesday and 445 next Wednesday.

Looks like a lot of HD coverage

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys