This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cars & Music Libraries...

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
One feature I like in my Jetta is the ability to plug a drive into the USB interface in the glove box which contains all my tunes in MP3 format. I have a couple of 32 GB SSDs that I am not using and transferred them over to one of these drives about a year ago.

Perfect use for an old SSD that is doing nothing. These drives used to be a mirrored pair of OS drives for my home NAS, but I went the "easy" route and bought a ReadyNAS. Of course now I need to look into another one to keep up with my ever expanding media library.

I just use my iPhone through my car radio's USB port. Works great, and if I want I can connect my 160gb iPod classic to it. I just got a new jvc radio, and loving it. Spent extra for hands free Bluetooth and I can even control Siri with it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Its easier and safer to use the on wheel controls than to fumble around with the phone.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Its easier and safer to use the on wheel controls than to fumble around with the phone.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

That is what I like with the new radio I have. I can control it through the radio, unless I want to switch from the Music app to Spotify or Audible, but even within those apps, I can control the device through the radio.

I don't bother with Bluetooth Audio though, its controls are far less flexible.