Beware iCloud Music Library

I agree with you on their laptops, but their upgrades as of late are lame. If I wanted to update my 3 year old Macbook pro the only new things I would be getting is the new trackpad and the new keybord. Everything else I have already. Not worth upgrading for.

BTW as far as the DRM goes, this claims its not true. http://www.imore.com/no-apple-not-adding-drm-songs-your-mac-you-already-own

I think that piece makes sense, BUT it still doesn't address the fact that when iCloud Music Library gets turned on, all the music in your iTunes Match are no longer accessible. As of now, I don't trust that the music will show up or that they won't DRM it ("because its a bug") according to nothing but imore. I hope they are correct, but right now... meh.... my 9 Art Pepper CDs, which were perfectly safe in iTunes Match and accessible whenever I wanted them, are now no longer accessible on my iPhone. And that, is a fail. :)

Well, an update. Whatever glitches that were in the system makes me my iTunes Match collection not show up in iCloud music library have resolved, and after logging out , logging in, and turning iCloud music library on in my iPhone, the full library is back. I still am frustrated with apple for screwing this up, but I have my music.

Great! Did you get your owned music, i.e. the CDs you ripped in the past, back as well?

Great! Did you get your owned music, i.e. the CDs you ripped in the past, back as well?

Yes. All of my music. I knew it was still in iTunes Match, as I could see - and access it - from my iPad. But I was getting really mad yesterday when I could not even access a full album I had just bought. Somehow only a couple of the songs had been downloaded, and the software thought that's all that was in the album.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Gee, this sounds like what I went through with the Photos app in Yosemite. Turns out you don't need to upload your Photos library to iCloud, so I'm back to synching Photos to my iPhone using iTunes like before.

Gee, this sounds like what I went through with the Photos app in Yosemite. Turns out you don't need to upload your Photos library to iCloud, so I'm back to synching Photos to my iPhone using iTunes like before.

Well, it is all better now. And for the trial anyway, I do like how when you add music to "my music" from Apple Music, it is as if it was always in your library.

As far as Photos go, I use it for photo stream, but do not upload anything from my DSLR to iCloud Photos. I'd run out of space, way too quickly! But I feel like my photo management stuff needs some work.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts