Major Outlook Problems after installing ICloud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
I posted this in the Pub on Saturday, but haven't gotten any replies so I thought I might post here to get more eyeballs on it and see if someone can help me.
I have a new Windows 10 laptop and I have migrated most everything from my previous laptop that I wanted and everything has been working pretty good up to now. I use Outlook 2007 for POP3 email and had installed it on the new LT and moved my PST file and all was working good with email, contacts and calendar. Yesterday I decided to move my iTunes from the old LT to the new LT and I installed ITunes and ICloud on the new LT and synced it with my iPhone 6. Thought all was well until Saturday morning when I'm checking my POP3 email account. All my email downloaded no problem and I was able to read everything. When I went to send email I found that iCloud had emptied my Contacts and replaced it with iCloud contacts which essentially is the ones that I had on my phone. (My iPhone contacts are still there.) If I click the "To" field in the email it does bring up my old outlook contacts that I had on my computer before this iCloud debacle and it does let me select them. However when I send the email I get an immediate undeliverable message from system administrator saying:

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on 1/9/2016 11:12 AM

454 4.7.1 <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>: Relay access denied

I tried to do some Googling on this and found something that said that iCloud doesn't work well with Outlook. I also saw that people had problems with their appointments disappearing and so I checked and sure enough mine are gone too. Anyone here know what I should do to get my Outlook back? Websites or forums that might be helpful? I really am in a pickle here and I'm not exactly a power user. Can I just uninstall iCloud and get everything back?

Help Please!!

Uninstalling iCloud and bringing back your original PST file should work. When you installed iCloud were you asked which pieces you wanted to use? I'm thinking you might be able to tell it not to use iCloud's mail, contacts and calendars.

The point of using Outluck is to sync your computer and your iPhone. If that's not what you want to do, I recommend using Thunderbird or some other client that doesn't support syncing through iTunes.

The relay problem is usually associated with not having a proper login for SMTP. If your e-mail account is with your wireless provider, your phone may not need a login. I saw a thread on the Microsoft social site that spoke to having to run SFC to get sending to work so there may be an inherent problem with getting Outluck 2007 installed correctly in Windows 10. Leave it to Microsoft to forget about their own applications.

If you're going to get serious about multiple devices accessing your e-mail account, consider IMAP (unless you're using a Verizon Wireless e-mail account as they're still stuck in the '90s). I also recommend using just about anything other than Outluck as it is exceptionally hard to work with (recent versions are even more inscrutable) and difficult to back up.

Looks like for Outlook 2007 you need to enable an add-in. Instructions:

In Outlook 2007:
  1. From the Tools menu, select Trust Center.
  2. Select Add-ins from the left column.
  3. Look at the list of add-ins in the Active Application Add-Ins section.
  4. Select the iCloud Outlook Add-in.
From here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204571

I tried this a couple years ago on my work PC but hated what it did to my company email/calendar/contacts and removed it. It may work better if you aren't working with a server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)