Need to add videos to iTunes library

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I've taken some videos using my Nikon camera that I would like to appear in my iTunes. I put all my pics and videos in a folder in iPhoto and I can play the videos just fine while using iPhoto. After a few internet searches it appears my videos are mov files and I need to convert to mpeg4. Is that correct? I found several websites that offered to do this but it's hard to tell which one would be the best. I need something free and don't need any bells or whistles. The videos are only 1-3 minutes long and I'm using a Mac. The main reason I want in iTunes is because I would like to be able to watch on my Apple TV when friends and family are here (the videos are of my daughter). Any suggestions?

I believe it they are in the correct format you go into iTunes select file->add file to library (or folder if you have a bunch) and that is all you need to do. Provided of course the files are in a compatible format to start with. You can also then add a picture to be displayed by the file for coverflow...