Cars & Music Libraries...

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
One feature I like in my Jetta is the ability to plug a drive into the USB interface in the glove box which contains all my tunes in MP3 format. I have a couple of 32 GB SSDs that I am not using and transferred them over to one of these drives about a year ago.

Perfect use for an old SSD that is doing nothing. These drives used to be a mirrored pair of OS drives for my home NAS, but I went the "easy" route and bought a ReadyNAS. Of course now I need to look into another one to keep up with my ever expanding media library.

I just use my iPhone through my car radio's USB port. Works great, and if I want I can connect my 160gb iPod classic to it. I just got a new jvc radio, and loving it. Spent extra for hands free Bluetooth and I can even control Siri with it. :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Its easier and safer to use the on wheel controls than to fumble around with the phone.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

That is what I like with the new radio I have. I can control it through the radio, unless I want to switch from the Music app to Spotify or Audible, but even within those apps, I can control the device through the radio.

I don't bother with Bluetooth Audio though, its controls are far less flexible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts