Cartoon Network (Family Guy)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pjc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
So, sometimes I like to watch Family Guy on Cartoon Network (11pm-12am M-Th). I noticed that MANY times, the picture will be pixilated or freeze or even go black. Sometimes there is no audio, sometimes there is continued audio with a frozen or black picture. The first time, I re-booted the box, but since then I just let it go away on it's own. Somtimes it will fix itself after I cange the channel or turn the box off/on. This has been happening now for months. Every other channel has been fine.

Now, at first I thought it was the box itself (SD box). Then I noticed it on my HD box too, so I thought maybe it was the line. However, my co-worker who lives an hour north of me notices the same problems, so it has NOTHING to do with my equiptment. Anyone else have these notice these problems? I only watch Cartoon network for Family Guy and Robot Chicken, but maybe it's happening with all of the shows on there.

I would get similar problems with channels 702 and 713.
It was due to a bad connection between a cable and a splitter. The cable ends and the splitter were replaced and the problem hasn't come back since.
You might want to call to get a technician out or you could try replacing them yourself. Since its happening on two boxes, try to find the common connection between them.

I would get similar problems with channels 702 and 713.
It was due to a bad connection between a cable and a splitter. The cable ends and the splitter were replaced and the problem hasn't come back since.
You might want to call to get a technician out or you could try replacing them yourself. Since its happening on two boxes, try to find the common connection between them.

I'll check, but my co-worker has the exact same issues with this channel.

pull out the cable card and make sure it isnt burnt out on the opposite side of the chip....if not, then changing the fittings and splitters in the house would fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)