Cartoon Network HD Audio Drops

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Silvia2112

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Anyone experiencing this? This is the only channel I get audio drops in. They occur almost every minute or less. Kids are not bothered by it but it sure is annoying to me. They last for 1-2 seconds.

YES! I am too. I posted about this a while back. Either no one else has this issue or they just don't watch that station.

YES! I am too. I posted about this a while back. Either no one else has this issue or they just don't watch that station.

I don't watch that station very much....
From time to time I'll have the audio drop outs on the ESPN channels, when it start happening it's for the night and then the next day it's fine, not sure what it is that causes this.

Jimbo

I get audio dropouts in some channels some times (HD channels mainly) ESPN/sometimes Cartoon Network and also it happened on some of the movie channels (Cinemax HD)

Yes! I get audio dropouts as well.

Only on Cartoon Network. I only watch the Family Guy on CN and it always has audio dropouts. About every 5 minutes for me. Annoying as heck, I hope they fix it.

My NBC is coming from D*. I think it's mpeg2, but how can i find out for sure?

Was it available to you before the new sat went up ?
Try hooking up an OTA if it's a possibility, watch that for a bit on the same shows and see if the auio dropouts are gone or not. If they are still there it's a National or local issue you need to talk with your locals... if it does not, it's a D* issue.
If you had your locals before the new sat went up, it's Mpeg 2, if it's new, it's mpeg4.
fwiw, the local OTA will be mpeg2, but processed entirely different than D* and DISH and the OTA normally are very good with thier HD.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts