Cartoon Network HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I don't want to start another "this channel shows no hd, so why is it even listed as hd" threads, but has Cartoon Network HD actually shown any HD content? I thought I read that the adult swim shows were produced in HD (the venture bros. was in stretched letterbox, made my eyes bleed). Thanks.

All of the Turner Networks ran the Star Wars Clone Wars trailer in HD on TNT-HD. They may have run it in HD on Cartoon Network too. SO there is the possiblity of 2 mins of HD on the channel in May.

Roger Rabbit was on earlier tonight. Though it wasn't in HD, it was not in typical stretch-o-vision. It was bad enough I changed the channel, but not as bad as I have seen on other channels like A&E or TNT

See ya
Tony

I am so tired of Voom fan boys whining in every HD related thread.

I'm tired of no HD on XX HD channel threads...

It is funny, before we got all of these national HD channels there were numerous threads about we bitch to get the channels and when we finally do we will bitch because there is no HD. Just face it that MOST cable channels run programming that was not done in HD and probably dont care to remaster them in HD. The fact that it is an HD channel to me just means that it has the ability to show HD and will eventually show some good HD.

Anyways, that is my rant, have a good day.

Last Sunday morning I flipped it on and they were showing old, classic Tom & Jerry in HD.

Last Sunday morning I flipped it on and they were showing old, classic Tom & Jerry in HD.

Sweet...I actually mentioned this as something that would be perfect for them to show in HD. A lot of those are in Cinemascope.

adults watch this channel?

Besides sometimes showing classic cartoons like Loony Toons and Tom & Jerry (all of which were aimed at adults originally), a good third of their programming is aimed at adults. The Venture Brothers, Metalocalypse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and a few others are pushing into R-Rated territory, other shows are aimed at 14 and up.

BTW...when do the new Venture Brothers episodes start? Maybe they'll be HD.

well it does look 100x better than the standard counterpart.

I don't give a rat's petootie how clear the picture is... If it's distorted to fill the screen and there is no way for me to UN-distort it, it sucks worse than a grainy, artifacted, black & white picture with ghosting!

Stretch-o-vision is the work of Satan himself!

See ya
Tony

I'm tired of no HD on XX HD channel threads...

It is funny, before we got all of these national HD channels there were numerous threads about we bitch to get the channels and when we finally do we will bitch because there is no HD. Just face it that MOST cable channels run programming that was not done in HD and probably dont care to remaster them in HD. The fact that it is an HD channel to me just means that it has the ability to show HD and will eventually show some good HD.

Anyways, that is my rant, have a good day.

We, meaning you, and your ilk.

How hard do you think it would be to really upconvert cartoons the way Animania does? The way Animania does Mr. Magoo, Pink Panther, etc. looks (hmm.. looked) was very nice.

I wish they could do something like this to all the old cartoons on Boomerang and make that available in HD as well. Then I could forget about Animania. It wasn't one of my favorite channels but I would watch it sometimes for that occasional blast from the past.

I don't give a rat's petootie how clear the picture is... If it's distorted to fill the screen and there is no way for me to UN-distort it, it sucks worse than a grainy, artifacted, black & white picture with ghosting!

+1

It's for this reason that I don't lock the SD versions of certain channels. If it's stretched, then I'm either going to watch something else, or if it's something I really want to see, the SD version.

+1

It's for this reason that I don't lock the SD versions of certain channels. If it's stretched, then I'm either going to watch something else, or if it's something I really want to see, the SD version.

I always flip down on Food, HGTV, History or A&E if it's stretched. I would rather watch blurry, overcompressed SD poorly upconverted than stretch-o-vision.

BTW...when do the new Venture Brothers episodes start? Maybe they'll be HD.

Season premier last sunday night (June 1) at 11:30PM EDT (weak epi for a season premier), new episodes weekly at that time (and then again 3 hours later). I know it was produced and mastered HD, but not sure if the turner toon net broadcasted it that way...

Stretch-o-vision is the work of Satan himself!

I agree, but why can't you un-stretch Cartoon Network? I do.

I've heard other people say this. Does it have something to do with HDMI? I've always been on component, because I've never had a working HDMI connections.

Food/HDTV are the only channels I see still using Flex-View (Stretch-O-Vision).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)