Cartoon Network on TurboHD?

CrackedCrystal

Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Georgia
I'm looking at dumping my cable after getting my new LCD TV. I don't watch many channels so my needs are small....

Comedy Central
Discovery
Cartoon Network
HGTV
SyFy
Spike

I noticed on the website that TurboHD Bronze has all those channels. However, in the checkout, Cartoon Network is NOT listed, its only on the Classic Bronze with HD.

I've heard the horror stories of customer service, so I wanted to ask people on this forum and get an independent confirmation. Does anyone have the TurboHD Bronze (without any SD) that can confirm if Cartoon Network is on that plan?

Thanks
I have to have my adult swim fix!

All the channels you are asking about are in TurboHD Bronze including Cartoon Network!

Heres the channel list
Thanks for posting Todd. That is the list I was mentioning had the channel. However when you are on the "Select Your Package" screen (click the "order now" button to get there), when you click the "Channels included" for that package, Cartoon Network is no longer listed.

So the channel lineup on the link you provided is the correct lineup?

Sorry about being paranoid, but I don't want to get locked into a 2 year contract without correct info.

One of the more annoying things right now is that dish networks website doesn't even list all of the channels available in HD. The turbo packs are correct but unless you knew about it you wouldn't know that we have the following available as an addon to the classic packages.

MSNBC HD
MTV HD
VH1 HD
BET HD
FX HD
SPEED HD
FOX NEWS HD
FOX Buissness HD

None are listed on the website. There might be more.

As I said I the turbos are correct, I have silver and can verify those. But those listed above are only available in a classic HD add on package.

Excellent. Now I just need to determine if its worth the extra money to get the HiDef versions of those channels. Right now I am paying less then the "after promotion" price for TurboHD, and I get those channels in SD.

If this comment was in reference to the TurboHD packages going away... Are you officially disavowing your own speculation? :eek: Or just the timing?

I don't want to speak for Scott, but I don't remember him or anyone talking about Turbo packages going away August 1st. In fact, the news release specifically talked about the change in name for the "Turbo HD______ Plus DVR" packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)