Cascading Multiswitches or 8x1 multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know this has been brought up before but can't really find it.

After setting up my T90 I realized I have too many LNB's for the setup. I have
72, 74, 79, 83, 89, 93, 97, 101, 103

Thats 9 LNB's which maxes out 2 4x1 diseqcs and a 22k switch. But I also want to integrate the C-Band into it too. The Coolsat has Diseqc 1.1 and gives you committed and uncommitted.

So I tried cascading 2 2x1 switches (its all I had handy) and nothing :(

What LNB's out there are DIseqc 1.1 compatible? I figure get a 1.1 and then cascade 1.0 switches off it.

Or where can I get a 8x1 here in the US or Canada??

Saw this on www.digiware.com
Now you know what I know about it. :)

EMP-Centauri 8x1 Diseqc Switch
140.89CDN

Finally a 8x1 Diseqc switch that can handle more than 4 Lnb's. Made in Europe this switch has the capabilities of hooking up to 8 Lnb's on 1 switch. No need for (2) 4x1 and (1) 22hz switch relay to just connect more than 4 lnb's to your receiver the EMP-Centauri does it all with 1 switch saving you lots of money.
Comes with a 6 Month FULL replacement warranty against defects. We ship to Canada and USA.

Thanks guys!
I did get a PM with the same links so this is helpful. Something good to think about. Maybe I'll stick with 8 right now (kicker is getting either 72/74 to work well or 101/103)

Ice
I thought this was discussed but not tried
my rig isn't up and i only have one switch
but with the cs 5k if you select diseqc switch 1.0 it allows 4 committed
if you select diseqc 1.0/1.1 it allows 4 committed and upto 16 uncommitted
did you try it that way.

also the guy on here said you could do it LAB (something ) sorry i forgot the rest of the name but has a website with lots od dishes trying things

he's the one that has the multi c-band feedhorn
maybe he said you had to set it like a motor
can remember but i will search for it .

gabshere said:
Ice
did you try it that way.
thats what I tried. I hooked up a 2x1 switch to the reciever and on the output of port 2 I hooked another 2x1 and hooked up a LNB. COuldnt get it to work. No signal whatsoever :(

also the guy on here said you could do it LAB (something ) sorry i forgot the rest of the name but has a website with lots od dishes trying things
labgate. He has a 8x1 Diseqc (I've seen his site)

Iceberg said:
thats what I tried. I hooked up a 2x1 switch to the reciever and on the output of port 2 I hooked another 2x1 and hooked up a LNB. COuldnt get it to work.

You can't put two committed (Diseqc 1.0) switches in series. Instead you must put an uncommitted (Diseqc 1.1) switch nearest the receiver and a committed (Diseqc 1.0) switch nearest to the LNBFs.

http://www.satlex.de/en/1participant-type_conf_1p_8s.html

"How do the different types of switchs work."
http://www.10kb.com/fta/howto\HOWTO.htm

By the way, a multiswitch is different from a Diseqc switch. It's used to provide output to multiple receivers from a single quattro/quad LNBF e.g. in an apartment block.
http://www.spaun.de/html/sms_51609_nf.html
Some multiswitches also incorporate Diseqc switches so you can share multiple LNBFs between multiple receivers.

Last edited:
Hello

The guy is me Labgate

My web site is hxxp://www.labgate.info click on graph in the button on the right of the page.

I used the 8 port diseqc switch to get 16 lnbs. Basically if your receiver supports diseqc 1.1 you can use committed/uncommited settings.

If it doesn't support diseqc 1.1 you program the inputs like if they were positions on a motor.

It works great.

The price is a little heavy at digiware but this a great store.

Best regards

Labgate

gabshere said:
Ice
did you try it that way.

he's the one that has the multi c-band feedhorn
maybe he said you had to set it like a motor
can remember but i will search for it .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)