Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know this has been brought up before but can't really find it.

After setting up my T90 I realized I have too many LNB's for the setup. I have
72, 74, 79, 83, 89, 93, 97, 101, 103

Thats 9 LNB's which maxes out 2 4x1 diseqcs and a 22k switch. But I also want to integrate the C-Band into it too. The Coolsat has Diseqc 1.1 and gives you committed and uncommitted.

So I tried cascading 2 2x1 switches (its all I had handy) and nothing :(

What LNB's out there are DIseqc 1.1 compatible? I figure get a 1.1 and then cascade 1.0 switches off it.

Or where can I get a 8x1 here in the US or Canada??

Saw this on www.digiware.com
Now you know what I know about it. :)

EMP-Centauri 8x1 Diseqc Switch
140.89CDN

Finally a 8x1 Diseqc switch that can handle more than 4 Lnb's. Made in Europe this switch has the capabilities of hooking up to 8 Lnb's on 1 switch. No need for (2) 4x1 and (1) 22hz switch relay to just connect more than 4 lnb's to your receiver the EMP-Centauri does it all with 1 switch saving you lots of money.
Comes with a 6 Month FULL replacement warranty against defects. We ship to Canada and USA.

Thanks guys!
I did get a PM with the same links so this is helpful. Something good to think about. Maybe I'll stick with 8 right now (kicker is getting either 72/74 to work well or 101/103)

Ice
I thought this was discussed but not tried
my rig isn't up and i only have one switch
but with the cs 5k if you select diseqc switch 1.0 it allows 4 committed
if you select diseqc 1.0/1.1 it allows 4 committed and upto 16 uncommitted
did you try it that way.

also the guy on here said you could do it LAB (something ) sorry i forgot the rest of the name but has a website with lots od dishes trying things

he's the one that has the multi c-band feedhorn
maybe he said you had to set it like a motor
can remember but i will search for it .

gabshere said:
Ice
did you try it that way.
thats what I tried. I hooked up a 2x1 switch to the reciever and on the output of port 2 I hooked another 2x1 and hooked up a LNB. COuldnt get it to work. No signal whatsoever :(

also the guy on here said you could do it LAB (something ) sorry i forgot the rest of the name but has a website with lots od dishes trying things
labgate. He has a 8x1 Diseqc (I've seen his site)

Iceberg said:
thats what I tried. I hooked up a 2x1 switch to the reciever and on the output of port 2 I hooked another 2x1 and hooked up a LNB. COuldnt get it to work.

You can't put two committed (Diseqc 1.0) switches in series. Instead you must put an uncommitted (Diseqc 1.1) switch nearest the receiver and a committed (Diseqc 1.0) switch nearest to the LNBFs.

http://www.satlex.de/en/1participant-type_conf_1p_8s.html

"How do the different types of switchs work."
http://www.10kb.com/fta/howto\HOWTO.htm

By the way, a multiswitch is different from a Diseqc switch. It's used to provide output to multiple receivers from a single quattro/quad LNBF e.g. in an apartment block.
http://www.spaun.de/html/sms_51609_nf.html
Some multiswitches also incorporate Diseqc switches so you can share multiple LNBFs between multiple receivers.

Last edited:
Hello

The guy is me Labgate

My web site is hxxp://www.labgate.info click on graph in the button on the right of the page.

I used the 8 port diseqc switch to get 16 lnbs. Basically if your receiver supports diseqc 1.1 you can use committed/uncommited settings.

If it doesn't support diseqc 1.1 you program the inputs like if they were positions on a motor.

It works great.

The price is a little heavy at digiware but this a great store.

Best regards

Labgate

gabshere said:
Ice
did you try it that way.

he's the one that has the multi c-band feedhorn
maybe he said you had to set it like a motor
can remember but i will search for it .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts