Cause For Concern?

GJetson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
Alabama
:confused: I've had VOOM installed for three days and aside from a first night channel lock-up, everything has been perfect until a little while ago...suddenly all the channels displayed stilted motion...I checked the second install in the bedroom and it was normal...I briefly unplugged the STB where the problem was and plugged it back in and the problem cleared up...has anyone else experienced this? I'm a total newbie to satellite...

GJetson said:
:confused: I've had VOOM installed for three days and aside from a first night channel lock-up, everything has been perfect until a little while ago...suddenly all the channels displayed stilted motion...I checked the second install in the bedroom and it was normal...I briefly unplugged the STB where the problem was and plugged it back in and the problem cleared up...has anyone else experienced this? I'm a total newbie to satellite...
I'm guessing that your 'stilted motion' is when the picture appears normal for about three seconds, then pauses for a second, then is normal again, etc, etc. If that is what you mean--I had that a long time ago when I hooked up my second TV, which runs on the same box as the main TV. I unplugged and replugged the STB, and that stopped the problem, and it has never reappeared. This was in February, 2004.

Yeah, Stone Man, that's what I'm talking about-like one of those early '80s music video effects we thought were cool at the time...just wanted to make sure it wasn't a recurring STB problem or more importantly, a problem with this new Sony plasma...that's the catch when you have all new stuff-is it the TV or satellite or interaction of the two acting up!

I know what you mean!! In fact, when my second TV acted that way, I went back to the store, and the guy told me I needed an HD tuner for the second TV. That is what prompted me to find this forum in the first place. I posted information about the problem, and Sean Mota responded right away with the right answer. I've been hooked on the forum ever since then.

There are lots of people here who are willing to help, and this is the best place I've found for first line support. And..it can be pretty entertaining sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts