Vertical colored line on SD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Since recently I am noticing a vertical colored line in the center of the screen on ALL SD channels. It is not very noticeable. I only see it if there is moving color background. It doesn't appear if the background is black and white. It's like the color encoder (or decoder) puts the wrong color there. I don't see this on OTA or HD channels, just SD channels coming from VOOM. But pretty much on all of them!

Anyone else seeing this? Or is it my STB?

Edit: As explained below, the solution is to reboot the STB.

vertical line

I have a light line vertical line on some channels also. I have a philips rear projection. I thought it might be my tv.

See if it happens for OTA channels too. If the problem is caused by your TV set, it should appear on all channels.

In my case, the vertical line appears on satellite channels only, not on OTA.
So, I am pretty sure it is not caused by the TV set. In addition, the problem exists in all resolutions, via DVI and Component as well.

Well, my STB locked up this morning (got stuck on a channel), so I had to do the power button reboot. After the reboot I am not seeing that vertical line any more! Great! I was about to replace the STB...

So, if anyone else will have a similar problem, try a reboot!

I had/have this one too. I had the repair guy out from Circuit City because I thought it was my TV. Now I feel like an idiot.

I have some finger prints on my TV screen...small like a two year olds hands...hey...Honey, the baby has been touching the TV! She's grounded!

The line you mentioned may not be the same one but I sometimes have a brown two toned vertical line on the right center of my screen when the screen goes to black between changing channels on the HDTV channels. Can not see it when picture is on the screen.

I have noticed this line too. It is very subtle and goes right down the center of the screen. Since I really don't watch SD channels, I didn't notice it much until I started watching NFL network again. I'll have to try the reboot trick to see if it goes away.

My wife has noticed this line, and we were afraid it was the tv (brand new). But it only appears on some voom SD channels, my guess a slight problem in the encoder they are using or something. It is very unnoticable, and only my super detail oriented wife can pick it out on a regular basis. It is not on the OTA channels, so I am thinking it is not in the box, but somewhere on the voom end.

Again, a power-button reboot solved this problem for me and others. Try that first.

me too

I'm having the same problem . The vertical line throught the center of the screen appears only on sd channels. the line appears red on blue images and blue when a red image is on the screen. I have tried a reboot and it has not helped.

Welcome to the Forum, ofc1969!
Try another reboot. This time, do a "Hard" reboot: unplug the STB. That should do it.