Non-Responsive Remote Control

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Has anyone noticed that with the new software, when you are going thru the favorites menu, that the remote control will become non-responsive?

I'm using the original Voom remote as well as a universal remote, and both experience the same behavior. Simular to having near-dead batteries in the remote control.

However, when just watching TV, I can change channels by ch+/- or typing in the channel numbers, and I can navigate the surf bar without any problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-John

OK, I'll call Voom and see what they say...

UPDATE: CSR has never heard of that problem, so I have a service call Monday. They're going to swap the box, and if that doesn't work, the remote. However, I have a universal remote with the same behavior, so I don't think its the remote. Maybe the remote reciever on the box is going bad???

-John

I just experienced similar problem. I was not trying to access Favorite channels though. I was in the middle of watching a movie and all of sudden the receiver no longer responds to remote control.

I don't think the problem is remote control. The receiver itself seems to be 'locked'. I tried to switch the receiver to Stand By without using the remote and the receiver would not respond either. The Stand By button still works though because if I hold it down, eventually the receiver was reset and remote control works again.

Seems like a bug :confused:

Ok, found the problem. I have an RCA remote extender, and for some reason the unit was interfering with the Voom remote. I remove the transmitting part of the extender to a different part of the room, and it works fine now. Go figure.

I still have the service call tomorrow. They need to repeak my dish (was at 96, but after last weeks wind storm, I'm down to 85).

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)