Caution for Superstation subs (online program changes)

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
If you have the 7.00 Superstation bundle, be cautious about programming changes online. I went to drop Starz, since I got the free Plat. I really wanted. After I did, the website charged me 7.00 plus 2.00 for each superstation. I went to the online chat to correct it. This used to be better than talking to CSR's, but now is terrible. Do they out source that now? They were going to charge me 5.00 drop fee for their double billing mistake. Actually more than double billing mistake since they were going to be charging me a total of 17.00 because of poor website programming.

If any of the people from Dish who are helping on this forum read this, please report this to the website IT department. The person I was chatting with said they would,but it took me 15 minutes to get them to understand what a superstation was,and why the bundle price and the individual price were the same service.

If any of the people from Dish who are helping on this forum read this, please report this to the website IT department. The person I was chatting with said they would,but it took me 15 minutes to get them to understand what a superstation was,and why the bundle price and the individual price were the same service.
Hi Darrell S, I apologize for the issue with the Super stations and I have filled out a report for IT department regarding the over billing. If you ever need any help in the future, just let us know!

I just made changes to my account online through chat and the same thing happen to me with the $7.00 Superstation package. Can someone help me?

I chatted with Dish online today because I saw on my account that they changed me from "Locals Only" to the "Welcome Pack" and I was trying to find out why. The agent said everyone with Locals only is getting the Welcome Pack as of Feb 1 and I said I wanted to keep my locals only. Then he says we are giving you the locals with the Welcome Pack for only $14.00 a month. I told him I just wanted the Locals Pack and not the Welcome pack and explained to him that the Welcome pack was $14.99 and he says he was just trying to give me the approxiimate price of the package. It took me some 45 minutes to explain to him that I only wanted the Locals pack. The agent seemed clueless as to what he was doing and then he gave me a price for a package and it wasn't even the correct price. Then I tell him that I dropped down from the at200 package last year (after 12years) when Dish took MSG off the air and I asked him when or if Dish might have MSG back on. He then goes and tells me that I can't get MSG now because I have the Locals only Pack but he would gladly sign me up for the at120 and I could get MSG today. I had to explain to him again that MSG is not available on Dish right now because of a contract dispute and he goes on to tell me again that he can sign me up for at120 today and I will get MSG. I had to explain again that MSG is not available on Dish right now and he says let me check into that for you. He finally understood that MSG is not available in any package right now but they will have it back. Then he offered me 3 free PPV's and I checked and he didn't even give me those. I have had more problems with Dish online agents since I dropped down my service that I don't know if I want to upgrade if and when they get MSG back. Customer service is not like it was when I started 13 years ago with them.

Sorry about the bad rep from chat. We do now require that everyone has a core package on the account, so since you had locals only before, you were changed to the Welcome Pack with locals.

Sorry about the bad rep from chat. We do now require that everyone has a core package on the account, so since you had locals only before, you were changed to the Welcome Pack with locals.

You said Dish requires a core package now but after talking to the online rep he changed me back to Locals only and no welcome pack.

I reported the superstations snafu here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/242175-problem-adding-programming-online.html , and online at Dishnetwork in a Chat. I have yet to find someone who really cares to fix it....... The online Chat idiot told me it was a "feature" to ensure I got all 7 superstations....... CS at it's finest.

That (euronews part) has to do with the way you wanted your account setup, I can go into details in a PM if you'd like.

Thanks Mattg. The EuroNews part was indeed addressed. Because of my hybrid set-up it could not be added, though I was told that when I wanted to get the Platinum package and they found a way to do it.......But I don't want Euro bad enough to follow up on it.

The Superstation thing however has yet to be addressed. I didn't fall into the trap because when I saw what the system was going to do I did not proceed to make the change, which prompted my post I refered to above and the chat online when I reported it.

I chatted with Dish online today because I saw on my account that they changed me from "Locals Only" to the "Welcome Pack" and I was trying to find out why. The agent said everyone with Locals only is getting the Welcome Pack as of Feb 1 and I said I wanted to keep my locals only. Then he says we are giving you the locals with the Welcome Pack for only $14.00 a month. I told him I just wanted the Locals Pack and not the Welcome pack and explained to him that the Welcome pack was $14.99 and he says he was just trying to give me the approxiimate price of the package. It took me some 45 minutes to explain to him that I only wanted the Locals pack. The agent seemed clueless as to what he was doing and then he gave me a price for a package and it wasn't even the correct price. Then I tell him that I dropped down from the at200 package last year (after 12years) when Dish took MSG off the air and I asked him when or if Dish might have MSG back on. He then goes and tells me that I can't get MSG now because I have the Locals only Pack but he would gladly sign me up for the at120 and I could get MSG today. I had to explain to him again that MSG is not available on Dish right now because of a contract dispute and he goes on to tell me again that he can sign me up for at120 today and I will get MSG. I had to explain again that MSG is not available on Dish right now and he says let me check into that for you. He finally understood that MSG is not available in any package right now but they will have it back. Then he offered me 3 free PPV's and I checked and he didn't even give me those. I have had more problems with Dish online agents since I dropped down my service that I don't know if I want to upgrade if and when they get MSG back. Customer service is not like it was when I started 13 years ago with them.

That's what we get when they outsource stuff to India or they're paying someone $8.00 an hour.

They appear to still be available for $7. I say this because online if I pick all five, it charges $7 for five superstations - but - then also charges $2 for each one.....:mad:

It's $7 for all of them, or $2 each if you only want a couple of them. I think it's a glitch online where it shows the $2 each along with the $7 for all. Our system should autocorrect it (meaning you only are charged the $7).

It's $7 for all of them, or $2 each if you only want a couple of them. I think it's a glitch online where it shows the $2 each along with the $7 for all. Our system should autocorrect it (meaning you only are charged the $7).

Reading the Op, It indeed does seem to charge the extra $2 X 5. Looking at my account, I have no doubt had I actually made the change I would be in the same boat as the OP. Even if somehow the bill actually sent corrected it, it shouldn't have that glitch online. My point is, even now, is anyone at all looking at it to fix it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)