Cavs trade for ben wallace, and wally Szczerbiak

Well im a Bulls fan and i dont think ive been this excited since jordan returned. Wallace is absolutely horrible. He doesnt score, rebound, or play defense anymore. And now he is gone and i dont have to watch his poor effort on the court anymore!!!!!!!!!

Well im a Bulls fan and i dont think ive been this excited since jordan returned. Wallace is absolutely horrible. He doesnt score, rebound, or play defense anymore. And now he is gone and i dont have to watch his poor effort on the court anymore!!!!!!!!!

Anymore? Ouch, he has always sucked and your GM got suckered into think Ben was part of DET's success. When he was merely just a lucky beneficiary of it.

More pressure on Lebron to score now. Wallace is a slug on the offensive end, and his defense one on one is dubious at best. This frees up weakside defensive help against LeBron, since they don't have to guard Wallace. What was Cleveland thinking? Chicago has got to be laughing all the way to the bank, now that they have freed themselves from their $16M mistake. Cleve;and needed a point guard and shooters, all though they got one in Szczerbiak. Seattle gets salaries they can dump, and Chicago rids themselves of a free agent mistake. Everybody but Cleveland benefited.

Paul, you are wrong.....first off you hit the nail on the head, WALLY is the new offensive guy, and let me tell you this, Cleveland wasnt choke full of Offensive talent, Who did we trade that was a consistent offensive threat? We still have gibson, lebron, wally.....this was a good trade for cleveland.

It was not a terrible trade for CLE, its just happened to be a GREAT trade for CHI for exactly what Paul mentioned.

So does CLE play Ben at PF and Z at Center? or keep 1 as the other's backup? That wouldn't sit well with either man.
and if you do use Ben at the PF spot..... Sorry, but I would rather have kept Gooden and his 12 and 9 @ $6.4M vs Ben's 5 and 9 @ $15.5M

Too bad they could not have dumped Varejao and his minuscule 8 and 8 @ $5.4M

Is Wally REALLY better than Hughes was for 300k more money per year? OK, Wally has one less year on his deal.

Hughes: 12, 4 and 3 @ $12M
Wally: 13, 3 and 2 @ $12.3M

Given what Gibson did in the RvS all-star challenge, he really needs to do something for CLE.

CLE gave away this expering contract:Shannon Brown
Salary: $1,044,120 Years Remaining: 1

To gain this one 840k to the good:

Delonte West
Salary: $1,889,760 Years Remaining: 1

Last edited:
Paul, you are wrong.....first off you hit the nail on the head, WALLY is the new offensive guy, and let me tell you this, Cleveland wasnt choke full of Offensive talent, Who did we trade that was a consistent offensive threat? We still have gibson, lebron, wally.....this was a good trade for cleveland.

That's my point. They play defense just fine, they needed somebody to take the double teams off of LeBron, but with Wallace on the floor, double teaming becomes easier. Wallace benefited in Detroit, from a system that was designed to his defensive strengths, but this guy is a complete no-show on offense. In Detroit the defense funneled toward him where his shot blocking was effective, he supplied weakside help on defense, and rebounded with the best. His one on one defense against the better centers in the league was terrible, and he actually relied a lot on weakside help himself. Detroit's system made him, not the other way around. You'll see. I like Detroit's chances of getting past the Cav's much more now.

Strange trade for the Cavs. I just don't see Ilgauskas and Wallace together on the same court. What the Cavs needed was a playmaker, Sorry but Wally just doesn't fill that need either. He's certainly not the Kidd that Lebron wanted. He's lost steps over the years and his defense is pretty sloppy. We'll see I guess. I guess we've already seen the big trades happen. This was like the 99 Cent Store of trades.

This trade doesn't do anything to stop the eventual eastern conference finals between the Celtics and Pistons. And than on to Play the Lakers in the Finals. Is it the 1980's, again?:D

How much would the NBA love that.

This trade doesn't do anything to stop the eventual eastern conference finals between the Celtics and Pistons. And than on to Play the Lakers in the Finals. Is it the 1980's, again?:D

How much would the NBA love that.

I know I would like it. I have been a Lakers fan since I can remember.

Now we have only about 6 players for tonights game against the Wizards since none of the new 4 will be here yet. Great!! And to make matters worse---Boobie is now out for 6 weeks with another one of those G' damned sprained ankles. What the hell is up with that--one after another all season!!??

I actually like the trade. Wallace was used completely wrong in Chicago and the reason why he didn't succeed there was rather obvious. Wallace has NEVER been an offensive threat. He's always thrived as being a defensive roll player instead. By coming to Cleveland, the only offense he will be required to contribute is easy pick and rolls or dunks under the basket. Otherwise, Big Ben brings the toughness and physical interior defensive presence that we lacked last year.

The other additions: Wally Szcerbiak, Delonte West and Joe Smith can all knock down a more consistent outside shot than the players we gave up.

It will take a little time for the new team to gell, but I saw a little stat during yesterday's game against Chicago: The Cav's have the best record in the East (20-9) since January 1st! Don't place your bets for a Boston vs. Detroit Eastern Conference Final just yet. How quickly you Detroit fans forget what "The King" did to you last year in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Championship.....

:(Was heartening to see the 4 newbies on the floor with Lebron yesterday at crunch time. They turned that game around and won going away. But now we've lost Z for at least 2 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)