OTHER Cband Dish

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Hey guys I need some suggestions and help. Iam located in western Kentucky, I have a 8ft cband mesh dish with Dmyco receiver and a Titanium Satellite C1W-PLL Wideband single LNBF 15 degree. I have issue wish a few satellites with a week transponders signals. How can i get the singals how can i get a somewhat of a stronger signal. the satellets are 127w 125w 131w and 133w.
Thanks in advance

Easiest solution is to upgrade to a 10ft dish. That'll get you at least a 2db gain minimum over an 8ft dish, perhaps a tad more.

Next easiest, is to go completely over your dish and system, and do some maintenance/tuneup. Confirm it's all together right, string it to make sure it's still a parabola, everything is tightened properly, everything is aimed properly, all connections are good, etc. That might be all you need to be acceptable for your needs.

You'd be amazed how even just doing that might make a big difference. Do NOT assume it's all perfectly still in tune, even if perhaps you had it perfect when you installed it.

Okay thanks. So where do I need to start with checking to make sure everything is on point. Is there a such thing that I could get thin sheet metal and attach to the back side of the dish to make it a "solid" dish.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts