CBS All Access now offers commercial free plan

Is the NFL the only professional sport that CBS All Access subscribers won't get from the live local CBS feed? If so, I imagine it's because DTV has the exclusive rights to live stream NFL games.

And they probably don't want to cannibalize subscribers to their College Sports Live service by including content from their CBS Sports channel in All Access, although a lot of that content isn't available on College Sports Live either. It's for that reason, I wouldn't subscribe to CSL or CBS All Access since neither will give me my local college sports games even though CBS Sports is my team's primary broadcaster. :oldmad

Reactions: ridersrgr8
Is the NFL the only professional sport that CBS All Access subscribers won't get from the live local CBS feed? If so, I imagine it's because DTV has the exclusive rights to live stream NFL games.

I was under the impression that the Fox Sports Go app allows you to watch your local Fox Network NFL feed online(means that I can watch the Atlanta Falcons online & also the 4PM EST Fox NFL Game of the Week), so I don't know what's up with CBS.

I was under the impression that the Fox Sports Go app allows you to watch your local Fox Network NFL feed online(means that I can watch the Atlanta Falcons online & also the 4PM EST Fox NFL Game of the Week), so I don't know what's up with CBS.
Good point. I forgot about that. What about other sports?

Only on a Computer, Phone, Android, Tablet, IPad.

When the Fox Sports Go app popped up on the Roku 2 weeks ago that was the first thing I checked since I work on Sundays and have a Roku there.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Or just install Ad Block Plus plugin to get free commercial free. :p

If you have had been able to get that to work reliably let us know how. It does not work for me or anyone I know all the time because the stream is changed that presents them. You can add the blocks that can be found but they don't always use those.
And for this type of ad delivery in live shows it won't, In fact commercials in the live shows are NOT gone in the "Commercial free package", even some other commercials are not gone. You are paying and extra $4.99 to get rid of most of additional commercials - not the ones as part of the program.

And for this type of ad delivery in live shows it won't, In fact commercials in the live shows are NOT gone in the "Commercial free package", even some other commercials are not gone. You are paying and extra $4.99 to get rid of most of additional commercials - not the ones as part of the program.

We were latecomers to Madam Secretary, missed a season and a half, so I signed up for CBS All Access thru Roku. For six bucks a month we got caught up. The price was well worth it, the picture quality was superb, and the commercials didn't bother us one bit. Can't see why I would pay another four bucks for essentially the same thing.

We were latecomers to Madam Secretary, missed a season and a half, so I signed up for CBS All Access thru Roku. For six bucks a month we got caught up. The price was well worth it, the picture quality was superb, and the commercials didn't bother us one bit. Can't see why I would pay another four bucks for essentially the same thing.
I'd spend four bucks to save 20 minutes an hour... ;) Hulu is amazing without commercials, if only it had 5.1.....

Reactions: Zookster
Only on a Computer, Phone, Android, Tablet, IPad.

When the Fox Sports Go app popped up on the Roku 2 weeks ago that was the first thing I checked since I work on Sundays and have a Roku there.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
It works with the fire tv that way. I used my PS Vue credentials and watched a game last week off of my local fox affiliate, which is not offered by Vue.

I'd spend four bucks to save 20 minutes an hour... ;) Hulu is amazing without commercials, if only it had 5.1.....

But that's exactly my point - you won't for live. The extra $ do not take away the normal commercials, only some the added on ones. And past shows will still have some promotional ones.

Commercial Free
$9.99/month
Live TV includes commercials and select shows have promotional interruptions.

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
But that's exactly my point - you won't for live. The extra $ do not take away the normal commercials, only some the added on ones. And past shows will still have some promotional ones.

Commercial Free
$9.99/month
Live TV includes commercials and select shows have promotional interruptions.
In that case it's a ripoff! :)

If you have had been able to get that to work reliably let us know how. It does not work for me or anyone I know all the time because the stream is changed that presents them. You can add the blocks that can be found but they don't always use those.

I haven't watched anything on CBS for a while, but when I used to watch Survivor, it works pretty reliably. Once in a while it will detect blocking and I just have to update the Easylist filter. Somebody is always updating the filters...it maybe a few days late but usually fixed in 2 or 3 days. The only streaming service that doesn't seem to work was Hulu.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)