CBS all access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes. All seasons of Discovery as well as the first seasons of Picard and Lower Decks are available. Not sure about Yellowstone. It is on my list to try, but it is a long list.

You need at least 4Mbps download speeds to stream CBS AA from what I can find. That seems a bit low to me, but it is what CBS says here:

TV shows that are filmed in HD will be displayed in HD on your TV with this service. Star Trek Discovery and Picard will definitely be, but older shows like DS9 will not be since it has not been remastered in HD (yet -- maybe some day).

Yes, it is a good deal if you plan to watch for more than about 5 months. If you only think you'll watch it for a month or so, then not as good a deal.

To watch this service, you will need to install the app onto your SmartTV or a streaming device of some sort. What kind of TV do you have?

Yes. I recommend signing up on your computer and then login on on the TV app. Once you have signed up, open the app, and it will guide you through the login process. I find it easier to choose the "Login via computer" option as that doesn't require you to slowly enter your login info on the TV remote.

I personally recommend commercial-free, but that is a personal choice.
Thanks for the info. My current TV's are android Samsung's.

Reactions: ncted
They were better leaving it as Spike, Or for you old folk, TNN, or for you older folk. The Nashville Network.

Of course NashGuy remembers The Nashville Network. And don't call me old. ;-)

(And at this point, Paramount Network basically *is* Spike but with Yellowstone too. Their other shows are all Spike hold-overs like Bar Rescue and multiple shows about tattoo artists.)

Of course NashGuy remembers The Nashville Network. And don't call me old. ;-)

(And at this point, Paramount Network basically *is* Spike but with Yellowstone too. Their other shows are all Spike hold-overs like Bar Rescue and multiple shows about tattoo artists.)
Shut it down!

Shut it down!

Yeah. Had I been running the joint, I'd have thought hard about moving Yellowstone over to Showtime after its first couple of seasons, at which point it was a bona fide hit with a big audience. That would've been a shot in the arm for their $11/mo premium service (which is also readily available on every cable *and* streaming box in the country). And then just treated Paramount Network as an orphan channel running old Paramount movies and whatever reality crap was left over from Spike. Then probably shut it down after Viacom's current carriage contracts lapsed with the major cable TV operators (Comcast, AT&T and Charter).

Yeah. Had I been running the joint, I'd have thought hard about moving Yellowstone over to Showtime after its first couple of seasons, at which point it was a bona fide hit with a big audience. That would've been a shot in the arm for their $11/mo premium service (which is also readily available on every cable *and* streaming box in the country). And then just treated Paramount Network as an orphan channel running old Paramount movies and whatever reality crap was left over from Spike. Then probably shut it down after Viacom's current carriage contracts lapsed with the major cable TV operators (Comcast, AT&T and Charter).
I hope you got the reference I was going for.

I'm sorry about your Grandmother. But you said that she loves TNN so I presumed she was still alive. And to your question No I don't think so. I like rock and roll of the sixties thru the 80's and stopped listening in the 90's and started listening to country in the 90's. That was the golden era for country I think. Now I'm back to listening to 60's thru the 80's because today's country is crap.
My grandmother died over 20 years ago. I wonder if she should have liked the country of today

I'm sorry about your Grandmother. But you said that she loves TNN so I presumed she was still alive. And to your question No I don't think so. I like rock and roll of the sixties thru the 80's and stopped listening in the 90's and started listening to country in the 90's. That was the golden era for country I think. Now I'm back to listening to 60's thru the 80's because today's country is crap.
I remember in the 80s, Hey Haw was on TNN. I remember Laurence Welk but that was PBS.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The Lawrence Welk Show was an American televised musical variety show hosted by big band leader Lawrence Welk. The series aired locally in Los Angeles for four years, from 1951 to 1955, then nationally for another 16 years on ABC from 1955 to 1971, followed by 11 years in first-run syndication from 1971 to 1982. Repeat episodes are broadcast in the United States by Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) stations. These airings incorporate an original program—usually, a color broadcast from 1965 to 1982—in its entirety. In place of the commercials, newer performance and interview clips from the original stars and/or a family member of the performers are included; these clips are occasionally updated.

The Lawrence Welk Show was an American televised musical variety show hosted by big band leader Lawrence Welk. The series aired locally in Los Angeles for four years, from 1951 to 1955, then nationally for another 16 years on ABC from 1955 to 1971, followed by 11 years in first-run syndication from 1971 to 1982. Repeat episodes are broadcast in the United States by Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) stations. These airings incorporate an original program—usually, a color broadcast from 1965 to 1982—in its entirety. In place of the commercials, newer performance and interview clips from the original stars and/or a family member of the performers are included; these clips are occasionally updated.
They're still broadcasting LW on PBS here in Florida. WSRE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)