CBS all access

Funny how CBS All Access letting me see out of town station from El Paso KDBC-DT, here in Albuquerque's TV market!

Nice to see what's going on their local news.

Now the interesting to see I don't get CBS, NY, LA, Denver and many others when on Xfinity cable box, but however on the computer, tablet and phone you can get it.

Does CBS All Access have different software apps, for Xfinity, windows and Android by getting live stations streamings.

There is no VPN involved whatsoever.

Just curious in the streaming world other than FTA satellite and OTA. :hatsoff

For now you can get 50% off for 12 months with the coupon code PARAMOUNTPLUS

I signed up for the annual commercial free normally 99.99 for $50.

Reactions: Jimbo
Funny how CBS All Access letting me see out of town station from El Paso KDBC-DT, here in Albuquerque's TV market!

Nice to see what's going on their local news.

Now the interesting to see I don't get CBS, NY, LA, Denver and many others when on Xfinity cable box, but however on the computer, tablet and phone you can get it.

Does CBS All Access have different software apps, for Xfinity, windows and Android by getting live stations streamings.

There is no VPN involved whatsoever.

Just curious in the streaming world other than FTA satellite and OTA. :hatsoff

We often get different CBS stations as we move from RV park to park. The selections appear to be related to where our current AT&T and Verizon IP addresses originate. Right now using our AT&T cell service, we get the Miami, FL CBS outlet, but switching to our Verizon cell service gets us the Kansas City, MO CBS outlet. Using our VPN to change our IP also affects which station we get.

I plan to sign up for the $50/year offer right before the deadline since there isn't anything on CBSAA I'm watching right now.
We just finished The Stand which, I believe, was the first thing shown on CBSAA in 4K/HDR.

Did not like it has well as the original mini-series, I hate the going back and forth in time the show had.

They are moving their NFL highlights show from Showtime to this service, and have picked up a lot of eurosoccer.

Paramount+ “Doubling Down” On Soccer, NFL & More Sports, Says George Cheeks – Deadline

With CBSSN trailing other sports networks in subscribers, and CBS not even bothering to have it included in the ratings; and CBS clearly uninterested in any major rights for the network, one wonders if it will go the way of NBCSN soon.
They've put Champions League and Europa League behind the CBS paywall, but otherwise, most of their other football is some MNT and WNT and a bunch of Western Hemisphere football leagues that most people won't care about. Those leagues are cheap. I believe Serie A and soon EPL will be up for bid.

I wish these networks would choose whether they are going streaming or staying linear. It used to be streaming options supplemented other sports coverage, now they are hijacking sports, meaning we are paying a bunch for sports channels on cable/sat... but not getting as much sports.

I'm torn. I currently get CBS All Access (no commercials) and Showtime for $9.99 per month through Apple. Reading where you can't get that anymore but can't find info if Apple will cancel it after CBS becomes Paramount +.

With CBSSN trailing other sports networks in subscribers, and CBS not even bothering to have it included in the ratings; and CBS clearly uninterested in any major rights for the network, one wonders if it will go the way of NBCSN soon.
In early 2020, the Mountain West signed a six-year deal with CBS Sports Network to carry a big chunk of its football and basketball games. CBSSN has contracts with other mid-major conferences as well. I'm sure those contracts are based on the number of potential eyeballs via MvPD TV providers (cable, satellite, YTTV, etc.).

At this point, CBS Sports Network is one of the few channels keeping me subscribed to an MVPD service now that no service I would be willing to pay for carries my RSNs anymore.

Reactions: mackie99
I think I am just going to wait until my current year is up in May, and then decide what to do based on the options available then. I'd prefer to get it through AppleTV with Showtime, but, if that is no longer an option, then I'll deal with it.

I think I am just going to wait until my current year is up in May, and then decide what to do based on the options available then. I'd prefer to get it through AppleTV with Showtime, but, if that is no longer an option, then I'll deal with it.
this help?

The Paramount+ launch is still about a month way but it appears that it’s already doomed the CBS All Access and Showtime bundle available through Apple TV+.

In August 2020, Apple announced that subscribers to its streaming service (which is priced at $4.99 per month) could get both CBS All Access (without ads) and Showtime for $9.99 per month. The offer represented a 50% discount off the price for both services combined.

According to 9 to 5 Mac, that deal is no longer available through Apple TV, though existing subscribers still have access. The publication also reports that Paramount+ won’t be available as an Apple TV Channel.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)