CBS and NBC are not available.

So, I bought the Air TV adaptor, an RCA Amp1450E and an RCA Attic/outdoor compact design HD Antenna. I placed the antenna as high as possible on my home, After scanning on the OTA program in the Hopper and trying for a stronger signal by using 2 different phone apps, I am not able to get anything higher than a weak signal. I changed coax to a new coax with no success. I have the same weak signal with or without the AMP in line which I find annoying. So, before I climb up one more time to disassemble this antenna, does anyone have a recommendation for a better antenna? I would guess I'm 20-24 feet above ground with the antenna. One app I used called for 30 feet which I don't think I can achieve.

Get a preamp - and a distribution amp if you have a long run into the house.

How far are you away from the antenna farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Howard Simmons
If rabbitears.info says I can get one local channel I never heard of, and the other 50 or so channels range from Poor to Bad on their scale, does that suggest I would only be wasting time and money attempting to put up an antenna? I have previously checked antennaweb and even at 100 feet above ground it gave similar results. I live in a valley between San Diego and LA.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Any idea which OTA antenna Dish is installing for free?

Apparently, not something that works for everybody. Our Dish guru Crodrules from Cleveland said it did not work for him. If he sees your post, he will reply. I am in the hunt of an antenna, too. Still searching, investigating. Ordered one attic/outdoor antenna. Not received yet. I am afraid dish sooner or later will say "Hell with networks!" and quit offering locals.

Apparently, not something that works for everybody. Our Dish guru Crodrules from Cleveland said it did not work for him. If he sees your post, he will reply. I am in the hunt of an antenna, too. Still searching, investigating. Ordered one attic/outdoor antenna. Not received yet. I am afraid dish sooner or later will say "Hell with networks!" and quit offering locals.
Guru????:p:eeek

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Antennas should not be selected without a signal analysis, or you may end up starting over. rabbitears.info as mentioned above is the best.

Any idea which OTA antenna Dish is installing for free?
Apparently, not something that works for everybody. Our Dish guru Crodrules from Cleveland said it did not work for him. If he sees your post, he will reply.
In my case, it was an amplified indoor Winegard "mudflap" design antenna. FlatWave Amped is what it is called.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
You know you will come to the same conclusion if you read all of his posts. He takes his time, tries to help pretty much anybody, never ridicules, always articulate. So, I designated him as our Dish Guru.:angel
Okay, it is official. I am putting my new handle ("The Free Preview Guru") in my signature. I won't change the tagline below my avatar yet (I like "The Happy Pessimist") but I may change it there eventually, too.

Thank you! Anyone get the outside antenna installed?

I tried this type antenna for my kitchen tv.(There is a good size window next to tv). The result was very disappointing. I blamed my house location in the heavily wooded rural area, not the antenna. If U live close to the transmitters, U may be lucky.

Reactions: pattykay
Antennas have really gone up in price. 4 years ago I paid about 90$ for a good Winegard. About the same as the HD7698P which runs about $150 today. Works great.

I am a Dish subscriber and use my roof antenna and TiVo for locals. So I don't pay for locals

I have a stupid question: When Dish gets into a contract dispute and you lose some of the major networks, does Dish still charge you guys the $12 a month (or whatever it is) local channel fee ? Or do they pro rate it according to the number of major networks lost?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts