CBS - Dallas Reunion NOT on as advertised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
My dad is wondering why the Dallas reunion is not on as advertised on their website and what they have been advertisting as being on at 9 PM tonight (Sunday Nov. 7, 2004). Does anybody know what is going on?

relax the football game didnt end at 7pm so everything is pushed back..Its only been happening the last 30 years or so

Its a little thing called FOOTBALL...

I cannot believe that anyone alive for the past 20 years doesn't realize nothing on CBS starts ontime during football season...

Never watched CBS that much in the past because I couldnt get it with an outdoor antenna until I was able to get it with Dish Network.

I live about 6 miles from Southfork Ranch. I went out there several years ago and I was shocked at how small it was. The main house is only 4700 sq ft and the pool is about as big as my bathtub.

Eric_C said:
Its a little thing called FOOTBALL...

I cannot believe that anyone alive for the past 20 years doesn't realize nothing on CBS starts ontime during football season...
Actually, it started about 40 years ago. And do you guys know why? I do, I saw the game that started the controversy. I don't recall who played or the year, but I was in elementary school (so it must have been around 1890 :D )

One team was behind by like 3 touchdowns and there was about 2 minutes left to play so the network cut off the game at 3 hours like they normally did, to air the movie "Heidi" with Shirley Temple, but this was to be no ordinary game. The team that was behind miraculously scored the points required to win the game and the studio switchboards were so overloaded with :mad: irate customers that it was decided to play all games in their intirety from then on. :D The entire Los Angeles phone system came to a screeching halt if I recall correctly.

That, my youngin's is today's history lesson from the Old Fart, as inaccurate as it may be (the mind is aging, forgive me, please ;) )

Ahh yes, the Heidi Bowl fiasco. Plenty before my time but I've read about it in the history textbooks.

That was not CBS. It was NBC that cut the game. I know. I worked at a NBC affiliate and was on duty when that mess hit. But CBS used it to their advantage. At first, CBS simply cut the length of shows to get on time, and then used the games to slide all Sunday prime-time programming with the thought of how popular 60 minutes was, the time offset would keep viewers with CBS. Otherwise they would be missing the start of the shows on other networks.

I called the station at one phone number, got answering machine, called another phone number at the station and got an answer. They said it was running behind because of the game and told dad and he kept it on the station until it came on. He watches Dallas everyday on SoapNet. He got to watch the show in its entirity. I did not know that there was a football game on previously, just that there was a completely different show on and I told him "that dont look like the show Dallas or any of its characters to me" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)