CBS Football Stuttering ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joewee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Is anyone else getting the CBS football games stuttering?
I am getting it on dish and my OTA channel but my
ota is running through my Vip 622. I have a sony
Bravia Tv.

I'm getting it on the Broncos/Jets game, mostly on the commercials that I've noticed. I think it's a CBS thing since it doesn't do it on any other channels.

I don't think it was a dish problem. I was watching at another house on Time Warner and it was stuttering bad on the Cleveland Indy game. Had to be a CBS problem for that game. When Pats Steelers came on the problem was gone.

I have noticed for the past 3 season, the NFL games on CBS (non-HD) look awful. This is WTVR Channel 6, Richmond, VA.

It does not matter if it is Dish or OTA, they are very fuzzy and appear out of focus. This problem seems limited to NFL broadcasts and does not seem to appear during PGA event, other live events or taped programming.

I have seen this on the following SD TVs. Sony 28" (8 years old), Panasonic 36" (Brand New), Phillips 28" (Brand New) and on my Phillips 47" LCD under SD.

The NFL looks great under OTA HD.

Just my experience, your may differ.

We have suffered through this problem for the past several months. It happens every time I watch an NFL game on Fox. During game action, drops do not happen unless a special graphic is on the screen. It also doesn't happen in commercials. Yesterday I was watching the SF 49er-Buffalo Bills game on Fox and, when San Francisco's local Fox station's after game show came on, the sound was breaking up so badly that I had to turn it off.

I initially assumed that the problem was originating at the local station level. That, however, did not explain why the national broadcast was dropping the sound during the graphics overlays. And now that I see that others are having the same problem in other areas it appears that it is a Dish Network problem.

The drops were happening on my VIP733 in my home theater. I was remiss in not checking whether the drops were happening on a different receiver -- the VIP633 in my home office. Next time I will do a more thorough investigation.

I have not yet called E* or the local station. I am very interested in seeing how many others are having the same problem and if there is a solution.

It was all CBS's part. Switched to OTA through TV and it still stuttered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)