CBS-HD Is Gone!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That would be kinda funny... but no... I'm in a market that only has a LP (low power) repeater station, OTA is not an option. So maybe we survived?

How does Dish "stop" distant networks anyway? Do they just block your receiver?

Obviously, the satellite is still sending out the NY CBS-HD feed, I'm still getting it right now...

Could it be my ancient 6000 receiver?

It's not like I'm getting something I shouldn't, at least in my mind, since I've got no other options, unless I would be forced to get DirecTV or local cable...

Thing is, I'd be happy to go with local CBS, if WRAL, the first station in the country to go digital and HD, would pony up a few bucks and upgrade their WILM-LP affiliate...

I suspect that you're in a "white area" and qualify for DNS. Letting people have the distant stations when they weren't really eligible is what got dish into trouble and prompted the court action.

Ofcourse it is a moot point, but here is a copy of my chat with DishCS

Please wait while we find a Sales Representative to assist you...
If your wait time exeeds your expections, please try again later or contact us at 1-888-347-4881.

You have been connected to (01)Sherwin M.
(01)Sherwin M: Welcome to Dish Network, the home of Better TV for All. How may I assist you in your buying experience?

Robert: Hi,I am a current dish subscriber

(01)Sherwin M: How may I assist you?

Robert: I am no longer receiving CBS distant. My home is in a white area, since my local cbs left town

(01)Sherwin M: Please give me a few minutes while I research that information for you.

(01)Sherwin M: We will continue to do everything possible to prevent our customers from losing the Distant Network channels. We will ask Congress to clarify the statutory language and ask the courts to reconsider their decision. In addition, we are taking numerous steps to protect our customers from unnecessarily losing access to those channels. You can visit this link to get updates: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/savemychannels/index.shtml

(01)Sherwin M: I apologize for the inconvenience.

(01)Sherwin M: You can also call our 1-800-333-3474 toll free number regarding this.

Robert: you mean no one qualifys for distants, even if they cannot get it OTA?

(01)Sherwin M: That's correct.

(01)Sherwin M: Do you have any more concerns?

(01)Sherwin M: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a great day!

Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.

Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Maybe CBS HD Going away is not that much of a big deal.

Dish offers cbs hd e&w in 16 markets (where cbs owns the station).
Dish is already doing the local cbs HD in 12 of those markets so most customers , if they subscribe to local channels and the HD package will still get the CBS Hd.

It will effect people in Austin, Green Bay , Baltimore and possibly Pittsburg where they don’t do local HD networks YET.

It is a big deal for those of us who had waivers and whose local seems to have no intention of EVER going to HD. I guess I will just boycott all networks that won't give me HD (FOX and CBS, I started this week by not watching any football - down from 5-6 games a week given that I had both the east and west CBS hd and the local in SD).

It is a big deal for those of us who had waivers and whose local seems to have no intention of EVER going to HD. I guess I will just boycott all networks that won't give me HD (FOX and CBS, I started this week by not watching any football - down from 5-6 games a week given that I had both the east and west CBS hd and the local in SD).
I feel your pain, LIN owns the CBS that provides mine...

This is one time I was right and am very much unhappy about it!

While evryone told me the official letter I got from Dish about a month ago was wrong, I always believed that this would happen.

I'm still out of the country but I had planned to sling box my 622 tomorrow to see if it is true.

What I don't understand is the reports that their DVR recorded shows are also being erased? Does this mean all my CBS-HD recordings will be deleted when I get home too? Ugh!

The timers associated with those channels go away, I dunno about the recordings... anyone see this? I have a few FOX-W recordings that were made when I could still see that channel, and those recordings are still there...

The timers associated with those channels go away, I dunno about the recordings... anyone see this? I have a few FOX-W recordings that were made when I could still see that channel, and those recordings are still there...

Actually the timers don't go away, they just stop picking up any matching programs.

I'll check the 622, but the KABC timer for Regis and Kelly on my 510 in my bedroom went poof when the channel did....

Im so glad I "moved" to LA after my local A**H**LE CBS station denied my waiver to get CBSHD years ago.

*hint* Sometimes you just have to qualify yourself for a "waiver"....heh heh heh.

on the weekend My CBSHD went poof. No problemo ... I Swung the ol 148 dish to 129 and now I have ABCHD, NBCHD, FOXHD, CBSHD ... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had to quote this before you decided to change "Regis & Kelly" to any other ABC program:D

Hey, I'm just there for Kelly Ripa. Gotta support another Jersey Girl. Another show which benefits from being able to FF quickly through boring content.

I don't understand WHY we lost ABC and Fox on Dish but our friends further out in the country can get cable and didn't lose any channels.
We get CBS and NBC locally but Fox and ABC come out of Dallas. Not that far away but far enough that an antenna won't pick them up.

I don't understand WHY we lost ABC and Fox on Dish but our friends further out in the country can get cable and didn't lose any channels.
We get CBS and NBC locally but Fox and ABC come out of Dallas. Not that far away but far enough that an antenna won't pick them up.

No one has said that logic plays any role in this.

Im so glad I "moved" to LA after my local A**H**LE CBS station denied my waiver to get CBSHD years ago.

*hint* Sometimes you just have to qualify yourself for a "waiver"....heh heh heh.

on the weekend My CBSHD went poof. No problemo ... I Swung the ol 148 dish to 129 and now I have ABCHD, NBCHD, FOXHD, CBSHD ... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you also want ABC East HD, NBC East HD, Fox East HD, CBS East HD and PBS East HD, sign up with Star Choice. 20 bucks a month gets you those and well over 100 channels not available on DN.

I am in the NYC area but still lost WCBS-HD on my 921 receiver. Two different CSR's both told me I lost it for "legal reasons". But, if I upgrade to a 622 and pay over $30 more a month for a higher HD package, I would be able to get CBS-HD. Does this make sense?

Mpeg 4

I am in the NYC area but still lost WCBS-HD on my 921 receiver. Two different CSR's both told me I lost it for "legal reasons". But, if I upgrade to a 622 and pay over $30 more a month for a higher HD package, I would be able to get CBS-HD. Does this make sense?

The new CBS HD must be in MPEG4 since the 622 is only DVR that picks up MPEG4.

Actually, I think in NY it is an MPEG2 signal with a ViP flag that only allows the ViP receivers to pick it up.

All HD LiLs are destined to be MPEG-4, and your 921 cannot recover them. Also, all new national HDs will be MPEG-4. So sooner or later, you'll need to upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts