CBS-HD: No Masters coverage Thursday or Friday! (Sat & Sun Yes) open for more details

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It seems to me that no CBS stations are covering the Masters 1st and 2nd round coverage, but it is listed in the current Daily Listings on this forum.
Is anyone receiving it today and tomorrow?

Masters coverage...

USA Network is advertising live coverage from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm, today and tomorrow.

Anyone got a clue when VOOM might pick up USA Network?

stevesc said:
It seems to me that no CBS stations are covering the Masters 1st and 2nd round coverage, but it is listed in the current Daily Listings on this forum.
Is anyone receiving it today and tomorrow?

Yeah Zap2it had it listed and the program I run to put the listing together just look at the HD designation of the program. I just read at Ken H notes on AVS forum that the 11:30 highlights on CBS for Friday and Thursday will not be in HD. What a shame?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=374596

TechCop said:
USA Network is advertising live coverage from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm, today and tomorrow.

Anyone got a clue when VOOM might pick up USA Network?

USA does not have a dedicated HD channel and it will not be available anytime soon. USA will do some HD events which they have agreed to pass the HD feed to INHD. This is why it is important for VOOM to get INHD.

Quote:
Virtually all of CBS's owned & operated stations will carry the HD feed of The Masters on Thursday & Friday. This includes Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, Detroit, MI, Minneapolis, MN, Miami, FL, Denver, CO, Pittsburgh, PA, Baltimore, MD, Austin, TX, and Green Bay, WI. The exception is Salt Lake City, UT. Their digital signal provides the only source of CBS for some areas of Utah, and will carry normally scheduled programming on Thursday & Friday. This will not affect Saturday and Sunday HD Masters coverage.

If you aren't in one of these markets, but would like to see the Thurs and Fri coverage in high-def...

Many, but not all, of CBS's affiliated stations will be running The Masters in HDTV on their digital channels on Thursday and Friday. If you have a concern, I suggest calling your local CBS station tomorrow during business hours and make the request they carry the HD coverage on the digital channel.

My local CBS carried coverage both days, but on Friday near the end of the broadcast they had serious problems.

My CBS had the broadcast, so did Dish Net, so I had 2 options of viewing the Masters ;)

The Sat and Sun coverage was a disgrace. To call that HD is worse than to try to call Fox WS HD. Gee CBS please put back in 4:3 and don't try to deceive people that you are doing HD Golf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts