CBS-HD problem

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
Anyone having a problem with CBS-HD off 61.5? My signal is pixellated w/no audio (also posted this ? at DBSTalk). My other 61.5 channels are not affected.

Damn. I requested a waiver from my local CBS affilate to allow me to recieve CBS HD. The affilate does not even have a digital channel on the air. Their response was that it was corporate policy not to grant any waivers. I do live close to the analog tower so analog is not the problem. But they are denying me HD. I guess I am the looser and nothing can be done?

You have to play a little CSR roulette. Call back and nicely ask a few others CSR's. Someone will let you add it. It worked for me.....

CBS from 61.5 in California

I switched my 148 dish to 61.5 for the VOOM channels a couple of months ago but I never called to get CBS turned on again. Should I even bother to call and ask or are they going to tell me i cant have east coast CBS because i am in California?

I called and the CSR said I can request a free second dish to point to 61.5 to get CBS-HD as I'm in the Los Angeles area and already paying for local channels. Then, once that is done, I can call again and add Voom.

bhchan said:
I called and the CSR said I can request a free second dish to point to 61.5 to get CBS-HD as I'm in the Los Angeles area and already paying for local channels. Then, once that is done, I can call again and add Voom.

Make sure you request a dish for 148, then slip the installer a tip to re-aim to 61.5, or reposition it yourself after they leave. If you request a dish for 61.5 or mention VOOM they will charge you $99 regardless of what that clueless CSR told you. Just FYI.

NightRyder

sorry i guess i wasnt clear about what i was asking.

i had a free second dish pointed at 148 and was getting CBSHD LA but i used the same dish and pointed it at 61.5 to get the VOOM channels. so i no longer have my 148 dish pointed at 148 so i cant get the LA CBSHD.

i am just wondering if they will turn on CBSHD from 61.5 for me even though i live in california. i know the programs will be 3 hours earlier but thats good sometimes.

so my question is should i call and ask Dish to turn on CBSHD on the 61.5 satelite or will they laugh at me and say no way you live in CA?

thanks for any help

richmert said:
sorry i guess i wasnt clear about what i was asking.

i had a free second dish pointed at 148 and was getting CBSHD LA but i used the same dish and pointed it at 61.5 to get the VOOM channels. so i no longer have my 148 dish pointed at 148 so i cant get the LA CBSHD.

i am just wondering if they will turn on CBSHD from 61.5 for me even though i live in california. i know the programs will be 3 hours earlier but thats good sometimes.

so my question is should i call and ask Dish to turn on CBSHD on the 61.5 satelite or will they laugh at me and say no way you live in CA?

thanks for any help

What any individual CSR will or won't do is impossible to say, but the new Satellite bill is pretty clear about out of market digital. If you qualify under whatever scheme they come up with, you are only entitled to receive an out of market station in your same time zone, so even if a wayward CSR will turn CBS-HD East on for you, chances are you'll lose it in the not too distant future. D* is already starting to enforce this provision by removing the out of time zone HD networks from those who had both East and West.

As an aside, you might want to hold off on anything until we see how all this activity at 129 turns out.

NightRyder

that makes a lot of sense. i kind of figured they would tell me NY is not my local market but i was wondering if anyone else had tried it. i get CBShd OTA so its no big deal.
Thanks.

richmert said:
that makes a lot of sense. i kind of figured they would tell me NY is not my local market but i was wondering if anyone else had tried it. i get CBShd OTA so its no big deal.
Thanks.

I'm in the LA area and got WCBS-DT added. I re-aimed the free 148 dish to 61.5 and then called to get Voom added. I asked to get WCBS-DT added as well. The CSR had to talk to his supervisor and they agreed to add it to my account. However, it did not show up on my receiver. I had to call back several times to get it added properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts