CBS-HD Waiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joeylberry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Dish has advised that I can not get the CBS-HD feed with out a waiver, When I call CBS to get this I get transferred to Mark Ken or at least that is who is sounds like. Has anyone else gone through this, if so I would like some info as for the time frame and experience etc... Thank you in advance.

I received the waiver directly from a Dish person (on hold for 5 minutes or so, so I do not know who they called). It was very easy.

Having a Lot of Trouble Getting Waiver for CBS-HD

Dish Network tells me I have to contact the CBS station in Seattle (KIRO-TV), get a waiver from them, and fax it to Dish. KIRO tells me they only process waiver requests from the Satellite provider and not from individuals. The SHVIA of 1999 says Dish is responsible for submitting waiver requests.

If you got CBS-HD in 5 minutes, are you sure you actually needed a waiver? Maybe Dish determined that you "qualify" for CBS-HD and don't need a waiver.

Any advice on how to get a waiver will be appreciated.

Gene

They told me I needed a waiver. I do get other locals from Cleveland. The CBS-HD feed comes from New York. I think the waiver would not be needed if I was able to receive New York locals.

don't need a waiver they are retarded.. i called and told them to add to my account and in 2 seconds it was on.... play csr roulette and hope you get lucky

Wth....

Now I am being told the CSR has to submit the wavier and if I can get the channel after the waiver is sent then it will cost me an extra $1.50. Has anyone else ran into this.... I swear this is so messed up at least when I was with direct I got the same story when I called in, it did not change every other csr....

I called and they are sending out an installer to add another dish. They said I need two satellite dishes to get the CBSHD feed from LA, but they will do it for free, and the equipment is free, and I don't have to return it.

This sounds shady, but they are coming tomorrow - between 1 and 5 of course.

I would Check

They may charge you a monthly fee for this.... Does anyone know for sure if there is a monthly charge for CBS-HD

joeylberry said:
They may charge you a monthly fee for this.... Does anyone know for sure if there is a monthly charge for CBS-HD
No charge IF you get your local, at least including CBS, from Dish. Otherwise a charge.

Update

After having Dish tell me I had to contact the station (KIRO in Seattle) to get a waiver, and having KIRO tell me the waiver request had to come from Dish, I faxed a letter to the Dish Waivers department. I received a call from the waiver department telling me (at first) that I had to get the waiver because Dish couldn't send an electronic request for an "HD-specific" waiver. I pointed out to them that SHVIA required Dish to request a waiver on my behalf. Whether or not they did it electronically was up to Dish.

At this point, the lady agreed to call KIRO and request the waiver (even though she is sure KIRO has never granted an HD-specific waiver). She called me back the same day to say she left a message on KIRO engineering's phone. I haven't heard anything since and will have to followup with Dish.

I am also exploring getting a signal strength reading to prove I don't receive a Grade B quality signal. In which case I won't need a waiver because I will "qualify" for the CBS-HD feed from LA.

More News

I got a letter from Dish essentially blowing me out of the water with regard to proving I don't receive Grade B signal strength. (Keep in mind that according to SHVIA, Dish is supposed to support customers that want signal strength varified.) They are now saying that if their vendor tells them that I am predicted to have a Grade A or B signal, the actual signal strength is "irrelevant". Bottom line is that if you are "predicted" to have a Grade A or B signal, you must get a waiver from the station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)