CBS: Strikeforce Saturday Night - April 17 @ 9:00 pm

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
More excellent free mixed martials arts coverage - Thanks CBS!!! If you haven't seen Mousasi...he's dynamite - he is going to give King Mo a world of hurt. BTW, the guy needs to change his name from King Mo...to anything else! Who else will be watching?

Dan Henderson vs. Jake Shields, middleweight title but; Gegard Mousasi vs. "King Mo" Lawal, light heavyweight title bout; Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki, lightweight title bout. From Nashville TN.

Looks like a great night of fights. I love the demeanor of Mousasi, dude always looks like hes ready to take a nap, he cracks me up. Then he goes in and destroys his opponent.

Looks like a great night of fights. I love the demeanor of Mousasi, dude always looks like hes ready to take a nap, he cracks me up. Then he goes in and destroys his opponent.
I agree...he's pretty nonchalant about his business, but the next thing you know the opponent is taking a nap or being submitted. The guy is not flashy...just effective. Regardless, CBS is bringing fax outstanding fights - at the right price!

LMAO!! Are you serious!!!!:eek: King MO will kick his azz!!:up
Absolutely serious! Mousasi has an MMA record of 28-2-1 and I've seen him take apart veterans fighters from all over the world. In a nutshell, the guy has a complete game and can fight equally well when attacking or while on his back. Sorry, but King Mo is going to be submitted or spitting-out teeth like chicklets when all is said and done. BTW, check-out his kick at 1:50 of the below video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp8a2zpil-U&feature=related]YouTube - Gegard Mousasi - Best Highlights![/ame]

I am man enough to stand correct if I'm wrong...after all, it only takes the blink of an eye to come-out on top in MMA.

Anyway, here is what the fans in the cheap-seats are saying about this one:

'King Mo' the impressionist: Mousasi says keep your day job - Cagewriter - UFC Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Hey i will also come clean about it also! I am really wanting to mess with you! I honestly find myself agreeing with you so much that im going to have a little fun with this one!:D

Also i can't listen to those guys. I know the guy he last fought and i called that one too. I used to fight before ufc got really popular. So i am not trying to act like i know it all but will say this Mo has something for this fight. He has been training really hard and has one heck one a good ground game!

Hey i will also come clean about it also! I am really wanting to mess with you! I honestly find myself agreeing with you so much that im going to have a little fun with this one!:D
:D

Offhand, I can't believe there aren't more MMA fans in the Sports Forum...especially these "free" fights on CBS...World Class competitors no less. Heck, there was so little interest here about the Faber, Brown and Aldo fights that I didn't even bother starting a thread about Fador Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers on CBS Strikeforce back in November. I grew-up with boxing and, unfortunately, at age 46 I have too many recycled body parts to get involved with the sport. If only I was 26...or even 36 again. ;)

I was wondering why there wasn't more MMA discussion in this forum as well. I'm expecting Saturday night's fights to be a whole lot better than what I witnessed last weekend with UFC 112. Between the Silva and Penn fights, I don't think you go any lower.......but hey, I could be wrong.

I'm not a big Shields fan, especially since he got saved by the bell in the Mayhem fight so I expect to see Henderson come out on top.

I was wondering why there wasn't more MMA discussion in this forum as well. I'm expecting Saturday night's fights to be a whole lot better than what I witnessed last weekend with UFC 112. Between the Silva and Penn fights, I don't think you go any lower.......but hey, I could be wrong.
Tonight's Strikeforce has a better card than any of the Pay-per-views out there (certainly the first half of 2010). I am really looking forward to tonight's fights.

Tonight's fights were nothing short of a snoozefest - I was very surprised! King Mo looked like he was completely spent after the first 3-minutes of the fitht; Mousasi looked as though he wanted to take a nap during the first three rounds...in fact, he laid on his back the entire five-rounds and lost the fight. Apparently his corner much not have told him he was going to lose the fight that way. Anyway, the guy controlling the action (King Mo) won the fight, but both looked like big losers if you ask my opinion.

Tonight's fights were nothing short of a snoozefest - I was very surprised! King Mo looked like he was completely spent after the first 3-minutes of the fitht; Mousasi looked as though he wanted to take a nap during the first three rounds...in fact, he laid on his back the entire five-rounds and lost the fight. Apparently his corner much not have told him he was going to lose the fight that way. Anyway, the guy controlling the action (King Mo) won the fight, but both looked like big losers if you ask my opinion.
SEE there you go again!! Sounding like me! I totally agree!:up

SEE there you go again!! Sounding like me! I totally agree!:up
Well...the price was right! I think there are a couple upcoming Strikeforce fights - one in May and another in June on Showtime; also, there should be another Strikeforce on CBS sometime in the fall. I can't find any information about the Strikeforce website, but I recall this being mentioned last night.

It doesn't help the cause when Mayhem acts like an a**hole on camera to Shields and then disgraces the sport with that fistfight.

In regards to Aoki....I was kind of disappointed, the guy had a lot of hype going into the fight but had no idea how to fight a striker.

It doesn't help the cause when Mayhem acts like an a**hole on camera to Shields and then disgraces the sport with that fistfight.

In regards to Aoki....I was kind of disappointed, the guy had a lot of hype going into the fight but had no idea how to fight a striker.
In my humble opinion Aoki, Gegard Mousasi and "King Mo" Lawal all took there opponents to light. It was a great learning experience for all fighters that night!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)