CBS wants $5 per sub

CBS really are being "one-eyed monsters" if ya know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Well if that happens I demand that Dish gives me a "$5 credit" because I do not receive autohop even though I have a Hopper. I download most of the TV shows from CBS.com and skip over the advertisements anyways with PlayOn/PlayLater.

Out of 14 million dish customers, how many have Hoppers?

Out of those who have Hopper, first how many of those people use PTAT? Out of those people using PTAT how many people use AutoHop?

I would think that number is very small, yet I bet CBS was $5 for all 14 million DISH customers.

Ahh follow the money trail!

CBS can pound sand.
David Shull, a Dish SVP, in court papers, says during carriage negotiations several affiliate groups as well as CBS have asked that Dish subscribers be “prohibited” from using DVRs and AutoHop.
The balls on these guys thinking they can not only demand no AutoHop, but DVRs as well? Geez.

You know, if CBS had an actual online strategy instead of ignoring and then boasting about how awesome they think they are ignoring online viewership. They would have probably made back that $5 plus more.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/dish-network-disney-retransmission-negotiations/
But Ergen adds that Dish has been “misunderstood” in the Hopper dispute. All DVR users can skip commercials, and “what we’re really saying to the broadcasters is there’s a way for you to not put your head in the sand.” Dish wants to help them target ads so viewers don’t have to watch commercials for products that don’t interest them. “I think we can show broadcasters that we’re not foe — we’re friend,” Ergen says. “The advertising model is going to change with or without the Hopper.”
Just remember that Dish will sell us out for the right price. Even Scott has said as much that AutoHop may not have ever appeared were certain advertising related incentives given to Dish.

This is a giant game between the broadcast networks and Dish and we're just caught in the middle.

If the networks want to complain about lost revenue because of auto-hop, they are out of luck. With all the overt product placement in nearly every show nowadays, if they aren't "making it up" with that, they are just plain dumb.

Outside of this forum I'd say the actual # of people who have a hopper that even know what ptat is very minimal & those who use auto-hop even less.

I have a Hopper and use both, but I never watch shows anywhere near live, so my autohopping is not harming anyone's ratings or ad revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So does Subway .. $5.00 per sub

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts