CE 's FOR 12/9 WEEKEND

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Same thing here with my HR21-700. Black screen, will only show recorded content. Re-downloaded CE again Saturday night, same results. Guess I'll get the NR in the morning. First time I've ever had to go back to NR.

In theory, you should have gotten the exact same software Saturday as you did on Friday, and you did.

If/when you go back to the NR, let us know if it's back to the Old SD gui or the new HD one ...

Some have said that the HD one is the NR now, but I haven't been able to verify that yet.

I also had the same problem with the CE download on Friday (HR21-700). Reset, power off, reset to defaults did not help. Reset everything looked like it might fix the problem, but as soon as I switched to an HD channel I had the same problem (black screen, no sound). Since before the download I was watching an HD channel, it appears that this could be the cause of the problem. At this point I tried to download the national release, but could not find anything in the stream.

I did a reset everything again and did not switch to an HD channel. I was then able to download the national release and get the box working properly again.

mc thanks for posting about your ordeal. I've been unable to force NR download also. I'm reluctant to try reset everything. Did you lose your recordings when you did this? Sounds like this issue is limited to the HR21-700. Do you have ext hard drive also?

I've had the HD GUI for as long as I can remember (it being out, that is). This is the first CE to ever go wonky on me in three years. Don't have time tonight to redo, so i guess I'm stuck on the NR until next week.

You can do a forced download the newer version (not CE) early in the morning in the 3 AM to 7 AM EST (approximate) window can't you? I did this before downloading the CE the week before last on two receivers. I haven't tried to go from CE back to the "new" NR though but I assumed I could.

mc thanks for posting about your ordeal. I've been unable to force NR download also. I'm reluctant to try reset everything. Did you lose your recordings when you did this? Sounds like this issue is limited to the HR21-700. Do you have ext hard drive also?

Additional info: After about 10 tries I was able to force NR (04D1) download without resetting everything. I don't know if it had anything at all to do with it, but I tried switching to non-HD channel as mc alluded to before trying to force NR download again. Looks like I'm back in business with old SD GUI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts