CE schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They usually do come out every Friday and Saturday. However, they are not released for every receiver on these days. Please check that your model receiver is on the list before forcing an update or you will revert back to the NR.

Wow, now that's a quality first post Jason!

Welcome to the site.

The HD-DVRs are MOST weekends, but not all. The others are intermittent.

Hey I'm New to the program, I have an hr21-700 and was excited to see the option for on demand on the menu, proceede to run a 100ft Cat5 cable to my hd dvr, through doors and windows. plugged it in, and found that it wasnt enabled on the newest of their models yet, and i couldnt specifically order an hr-20. Then i stumbled upon this and my switch from U-verse (horrible but had on demand) to Directv doesnt look to bad.

Im wondering if anyone knows for sure that there will be an update this friday as well, im hoping to give this DOD a Shot to see if i should order another one of these for my room. Anyone positive if i tried to do the force download now i would just get the NR? Could that do any damage in trying? Reset my recordings etc? (or does a CE release normally alter or wipe any of that?)

Also can anyone tell me if the standard receivers or HD receivers will ever get this feature (DoD)? i would think it would be possible seeming as it has an Ethernet port, and there being TWO Ethernet ports on the back of the hr-21 making it possible for the hr-21 to download and feed the DoD Content to the standard receiver over Ethernet.

Anyone know if this is in the works? or even possible?

and lastly,
Can anyone tell me why U-verse's Picture quality is just horrible? Even the HD pixelates all the time, Their standard def is just nowhere near that of Directv's.

Thanks in advance for your answers ;-)

Oh and what kind of HD content do they have? And anyone have a list of the channels available through the ondemand system as of now? planet earth HD? HD Dexter? lost HD? Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site - which version do you have on your box now? They are rolling the last CE relase out nationally this week. I'm not sure if we'll have a test relase this weekend, but VOD will be part of the national release that is rolling out now.

with the new NR coming out, does that mean that more stations will be added to the onDemand choices like the big 4 or will it still be Beta testing?

I feel a bit better now. The day I had DTV installed AT&T was by doing some line work. They said it was in prep for Uverse. Great I thought, I'm in with DTV for two years now.

Sounds like Uverse isn't all that great though. The faster DSL Internet connection that comes with it would be nice though. We could put it to use on DTV DOD.

hey i just realized today my menu's were a bit different than before, clicked onDemand and got a whole new screen ;-), Now i have to run that 100ft ethernet cord again ;-( grr.

Im guessing because you say you have eSata Drive that the Esata Port is ACTIVE? (WHA?!??!) so if i run out of space i can just plug in another drive right?

Also, on U-Verse, YES ITS TERRIBLE in every way, pixelation on every channel, Picture lockups all the time, the ONLY good part is the internet they offer, just recently they added a 10mbps 1.5mbps upload Service called MAXX its great, noticably faster uploads then on the previous 7mbps. Downside is you HAVE to use their 2wire RouterGateway which has no external antenna's and is just massive. We canceled everything but the internet service from them, Worst service i have ever had.

I feel a bit better now. The day I had DTV installed AT&T was by doing some line work. They said it was in prep for Uverse. Great I thought, I'm in with DTV for two years now.

Sounds like Uverse isn't all that great though. The faster DSL Internet connection that comes with it would be nice though. We could put it to use on DTV DOD.

You may still be able to get the DSL when it's available, it would be a PART of the U Verse, I'm sure it would be available as an option.

I think U-Verse will be fine in a few years once all the kinks are worked out of it, remember , it's entirely NEW service.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)