CE will translate to a national release.

If you are doing CE's and your box is bricked because of the CE then contact me and I will take care of it for you.

It don't get better then that. :D

Thanks Scott :)

It's good to know that we now can have contact with them directly (or close to it).

The last 2 CE's on my HR20-700 have been fabulous !

Jimbo

I feel that if you have to have your rec. replaced due to it not working properly seeing it's leased, you should NOT have to renew your contract status, seeing it's D* product and you don't own it.

Also, IF you have been with the company for more than 2 years, you should not have to w\be required to have a contract after that time if you want to upgrade, you've already shown your commitment to them for 2 years.....

Jimbo

Where does it say in the contract that they require a new agreement to replace a defective receiver? That is new to me. I'm not disputing it, just don't remember hearing that before.

I know they could make you sign up for the protection plan, but you are free to cancel that any time as well. Worst case I've heard is they usually just require a $19.95 shipping charge and send you a replacement and a label to return the bad one.

Where does it say in the contract that they require a new agreement to replace a defective receiver? That is new to me. I'm not disputing it, just don't remember hearing that before.

I know they could make you sign up for the protection plan, but you are free to cancel that any time as well. Worst case I've heard is they usually just require a $19.95 shipping charge and send you a replacement and a label to return the bad one.

Only once have they agreed to ship one to me ... I end up taking the unit from the D tech and set it up while he's on the phone waiting to activate.

I think they try to tell you that you have to start your commitment over when getting a replacement, I have not looked at the contract, don't know if they would include that in it or not. They probably try to get you to agree to it while moving on to other issues.... IF you bring it up then they will remove it.

Maybe I am thinking about when I upgraded a H10 to a H20, that could have been, but there again, if your upgrading you would still not expect a new commitment.

Like I said earlier, if you've been with them over 2 years (thier commitment) then there should not be any more commitments.

I've also noticed that they remover this info from the website, you use to be able to go tothe website and log in and all your info was on the main page,including if you were in a commitment with any of your rec's.

Jimbo

They do extend the commitment for upgrades, any NEW leased hardware added to the account extends 2 years (unless sd non-dvr).

I agree, it sucks that they extend 2 years on existing customers already past that agreement, but they do.

There should not be an extension to replace a defective receiver (unless it is obsolete and they are upgrading you, that one probably would.

What is wrong with you people?

Didn't anyone look at the picture Scott posted?

cometogether2.JPG

From Left to Right...

MasterDeals (Jason), Earl Bonovich, Tom Robbinson, GoalieBob99 (Bob), PrizeGoddess (Eva), Scott Greczkowski, RockyMtnHigh, HokieEngineer (Richard) and Connie Nemitz

The question that needs to be answered is why did Scott shove the beautiful....but short.....PrizeGoddess behind himself and GoalieBob!!!!!!

:p

Good to see Earl in the pic.

He did the same thing with Eva on the picture they put up on DBSTalk, maybe she's just shy, unless she's behind a keyboard?

I tried to hide all the way behind them, but alas the camera caught me. I don't like my picture taken. :) Thanks for all the kind words!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)