CEDIA SHOW hi-lights

rockhard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Great White North
I was there saw the VPL-W100 liked the PQ although there DRC on board processing leaves allot to be desired.
It has 800 Lumens and would not want to display it on anything larger than 110" .
The PJ will do 1080P/24 no extra add on board needed like the 004 ..

They were using a Da-Lite HCCV screen ( grey) and the CR was impressive 6000:1 +

The MSRP of $10K plus bulb cost replacement $800-1K range ...

This will put allot of pressure on the 004 but that was reduced in price to $22K ( soon to be 15K ) ..

The YAMAHA 1300 was impressive at $13K with built in HQV processing truly one of the best DLP displays with impressive CR and black levels..

In the best bang for buck segment the EPSON 800 3LCD 720P gave as good a PQ (6500:1 CR) as the above mentioned products for their stunning MRSP $4500 with extra bulb , 3 yr warranty with 24 hour replacement shipping both ways for non functioning units.

Yes for all those non believers the best PQ of the show was delivered from FH VIDEO with a fully tweaked SONY G-90 displaying from HDD server 1080P WM9 files. It was simply a breath taking experience..

CRT is very much alive and kicking - ( Jay 's smiley ) .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A special thanks to GEFEN for a great product which transformed my HT video display -

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=2187

This nifty little adapter allowed my expensive ULTRALINK MARK II 10M HDMI cable
to be joined to my Samsung HD-950 DVD players HDMI cable .

This allows me to switch from my Rogers HD8300 PVR to my Samsung DVD upconverting player and maintain the best all digital 720P PQ ...

I highly recommend there products based on my quality experience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VPOD from Samsung HDD 300 GB server showing 720P and 1080P WMp files supports MPEG 2 and 4 ...will be coming with 500 GB and 1 TB models as well.

JVC PRO 100U HD player / burner supports HD-DIVX and WM9 plus all other formats ..

JVC was also showing 1080P 3D with special glasses was truly breath taking using SENIO software a company from Montreal Canada .

HQV has signed up manufacturers for outboard scalers based on there TERANEX on a chip . They include JVC, NEC, Yamaha , Lumagen and Vantage ( Calibre UK ) .

There was alot of interest from other majour players including Sony, Panasonic and Epson to name a few.

Next year this will be the defacto standard scaler chip used on many products and any PJ without it will be considered obselete IMHO.

More intensive show hi-lites found at Projector Central found here -

http://www.projectorcentral.com/cedia_2005.htm

The future's so bright I got to wear shades...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts