Central Illinois(Springfield/Decatur/Champaign)

Bildore

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
I am scheduled to get my install done today between 8:00 and 12:00. Adant Wireless is sub contracted to do the work. Steve from Adant called at 9:00, apparently they had an accident with the install truck over the weekend and they are trying to get it fixed this morning. Hoping they can make it this afternoon.

Is there anyone in the Springfield Illinois area that is receiving the digital broadcast from this area? I was just wondering if WCIA is broadcasting in digital from Springfield. I get different information from various sources but it looks like they may be multicasting out digital only from the old 49 tower.

Steve from Adant did as service call for me in Metamora Illinois, and he was great. He's a super nice guy.

I had a Voom install scheduled for thiscoming Friday, Jan. 21. I had tried to get an install scheduled for a Saturday rather than during the week, since Voom installers are notoriously bad about no-shows, so I wouldn't have to use vacation time, but for some reason, according to Voom, none of the installers in this region do weekend installs.

About 3 days after I scheduled the install, I received a call from the installer (two calls and a voicemail actually, since he couldn't reach me right away) saying that he could not make it on the day that Voom scheduled, but that he would be able to do it the day before in the afternoon. So thus far, decent communication from the installer (and now I have his phone number MUAHAHAHA!). I'll report back once the install is actually completed.