Central PA CW

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gawise

Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
York, PA
The CW is moving from WLYH 15.1 to WHP 21.3 January 1. Anyone know what will take its place on 15 WLYH? They're both run by Sinclair.

actually WLYH was sold to "Howard Stirk Holdings"...basically a different ownership (to get around FCC rules) but still going to be run by Sinclair for a while. Sinclair has been doing this in markets, most notably Las Vegas.

They will probably move everything up one notch. They (HSH) does have some agreements with Weigel in other markets so it is possible you may get Heroes and Icons or Decades...again I'm not saying you will. I'm just going off of other HSH stations they own.

It may be a wait and see what happens down the road. Other than the immediate changes (CW moving to WHP and WLYH channels being moved up).

Let us know what happens :)

Just spoke to Channel 21's programming department and Channel 21 (Sinclair) will no longer be programming WLYH after January 1, ending a relationship that has existed for MANY, many years. Right now WLYH will only have Grit and Comet, but they don't know what will happen after January 1.

I wonder how this will affect Comcast and Satellite subscribers. Comcast does carry a few of the local .2 sub channels but none of the .3’s. Will the satellite subscribers lose the CW and begin receiving Grit?

I wonder how this will affect Comcast and Satellite subscribers. Comcast does carry a few of the local .2 sub channels but none of the .3’s. Will the satellite subscribers lose the CW and begin receiving Grit?
Probably not. Cable probably gets a direct feed so channel number ota is a moot point

Satellite will probably carry the -1 station that moves up on the station losing cw

Just spoke to Channel 21's programming department and Channel 21 (Sinclair) will no longer be programming WLYH after January 1, ending a relationship that has existed for MANY, many years. Right now WLYH will only have Grit and Comet, but they don't know what will happen after January 1.
Sounds like what happened in Birmingham with WCFT and WJSU, they were sold to HSH too, and have H&I on now.

It all has to do with the current JSA/LMA where someone owns a station and runs another. In markets with less than 8 full time stations the FCC is cracking down on it (especially with Big 4 networks) and wants these wound down by end of next year so if the station being run has less than 15% of advertising provided by the station that is owned. (there are exceptions to the rule)

Yes. CW is still on both 15.1 and 21.3. Strange they've changed most logos to CW Central PA but still use CW15 on several promos including their 10:00 news. Weird!!

Yes. CW is still on both 15.1 and 21.3. Strange they've changed most logos to CW Central PA but still use CW15 on several promos including their 10:00 news. Weird!!
There may be a simulcast for a week or so. Seen that happen in other markets where the station moves