Centre Ice not on DISH this year???

JJ77

Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Hey, I went to add my Centre Ice package this month (the usual...) and was told that DISH network may or may not be carrying it this year. Is this true? Any input would be nice. We're transplanted Canadians in the heart of Texas and we're kind of, uhhhhm.... freaking out!!!

We usually add the package about late August so we're worried.

i was about to switch to dish from directv so i can enjoy both home and away feeds on centre ice and now this?? no centre ice at all??

Hey, I went to add my Centre Ice package this month (the usual...) and was told that DISH network may or may not be carrying it this year. Is this true? Any input would be nice. We're transplanted Canadians in the heart of Texas and we're kind of, uhhhhm.... freaking out!!!

We usually add the package about late August so we're worried.

JJ77,

On tonights Charlie Chat, they did say Dish will have Center Ice this season and will also have NHL Network HD. NHL Network will have out of market games and will be offered without Center Ice.

Tonights Chat also said that all HD NHL Regional Sports Networks would be part of the Center Ice as well.

John

i just stumbled on this site today - what is charlie chat and i assume its reliable - in stone.

any word on dish showing both the home and away feeds on centre ice too?

i'm with directv, but if all above is true, i'll be switching in a heartbeat!!

thanks for the help!

is there anyway to confirm home/away - i really want to switch to dish but would like confirmation first

Hey Stone. What question did you ask last night? I don't have Dish so I have no idea and nobody told me in the Chat either.

Sorry to be the Harbinger of Doom, Stone but can you confirm this. We're horribly anal about this. I have called the helpdesk (In India???) about 5 times and the response has been that they are currently trying to negotiate a contract.

So, if you have some inside knowledge and could confirm your previous statement about the head of programming guaranteeing that DISH will carry Centre Ice we'd be much appreciative.

Sorry to be the Harbinger of Doom, Stone but can you confirm this. We're horribly anal about this. I have called the helpdesk (In India???) about 5 times and the response has been that they are currently trying to negotiate a contract.

So, if you have some inside knowledge and could confirm your previous statement about the head of programming guaranteeing that DISH will carry Centre Ice we'd be much appreciative.

i too agree - i'm with directv but will switch now with confirmation

Stone, I read the interview and his answer but if you phone DISH network as of right now and talk to someone at Echostar as I just did you will find that CENTRE ICE is not available and that they are trying to negotiate a contract.

I am concerned because it's only about 3.5 weeks before the seaosn and we usually have it added by late July.

I will be angry at DISH if they decide to not carry it but stick us with one more billing cycle before we jump to DirecTV or Comcast, etc...

I am waiting to hear back from Echostar and their PPV division. Let's hope for a definitive answer...

Maybe I am just being OCD about this but I think something may be up.

Whoa

DISH's online support has just confirmed that the package is not available... Here's my transcript. Sorry for the horrid typing.. I am not a big chatter guy.

03)Tina S: I am sorry you feel that way.
Steve: just tell me one way or the other..
Steve: is the nhl centre ice package available or not
(03)Tina S: I am sorry as of now it is not available.
Steve: and then you need to find out why the duplicity within your own answer
Steve: company
Steve: not answer
(03)Tina S: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Steve: yes...
Steve: why doe syour chief of programming say yes and you say no
Steve: who is correct
(03)Tina S: I have verified the information.
(03)Tina S: That package is not available.
spacer.gif

If you listen to the sound bite from the question and answer from the Charlie Chat, it sounds like they are still ironing out the details for the contract but also that they are confident in working it out.

I'd bet that if anything, the part that they are working out is the extra HD content (I could see the NHL wanting to charge extra for more HD games and Charlie wanting to charge the same, or something). Of course, I'm just making a wild guess there.

In any case, they sounded pretty confident about having CI this year with more games in HD (from those RSNs already launched in HD), so I wouldn't be too worried.

ok -who is charley?? not the guy from charlies angels???

as someone who is not yet with dish, this uncertainly makes it difficult to switch at the moment.... any idea when this info will filter down to csr's?

ok -who is charley?? not the guy from charlies angels???

as someone who is not yet with dish, this uncertainly makes it difficult to switch at the moment.... any idea when this info will filter down to csr's?
charlie chuckles chuck, he is charlie ergen president of dish network, hes top dog at dish

charlie chuckles chuck, he is charlie ergen president of dish network, hes top dog at dish

ahh.. thanks

so we can count on centre ice then i guess? hey, can anyone ask charlie if dish will carry both home and away feeds for each out of market game as they've done the past two years-- this is huge for me....

ahh.. thanks

so we can count on centre ice then i guess? hey, can anyone ask charlie if dish will carry both home and away feeds for each out of market game as they've done the past two years-- this is huge for me....
they did this last year, so i dont see why they would change it, well find out when 1st puck drops i guess

NFL US Coverage Maps

Hail to the Victors!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)