ceo AT echostar.com question

What's the normal turnaround time for receiving an actual response from this email address; not an automated response?

Thanks,
Jack

Sometimes they reply, sometimes they dont. When I do get a reply its usually within 6-8 hours.

I think they might ignore small issues because these guys should really only be bothered with stuff the 800 number folks cant handle.

That being said, I recently had an issue that the 800 folks refused to research, and I sent the transcript of my problem to the CEO, and they took it over and handled it within 24 hours.

They will try to turn it into a phone conversation somehow. It gives them more flexibility and less accountability.

I think they might ignore small issues because these guys should really only be bothered with stuff the 800 number folks cant handle.
As well they should too. Too often their e-mail address is given out for solving anything and everything. To be honest, I've often thought that eventually they will STOP handling as many issues as they do nowadays and point people back to the normal groups.

Just to clarify when I used them.... When I quit Dish a number of years ago I asked about returning and worrying that I wouldn't qualify for free equip, install, etc, etc. Rep told me "no problem, meet these conditions, a, b, c, etc, and you're considered a 'returning DHA cusomer' ". I did and when I decided to come back, they said I had to buy my equipment, pay for install, etc. I said "no, check the acct notes ... and it was all still there". They claimed the system wouldn't let them.... So I went the 'ceo' route.

I've been very impressed with the results people have gotten with this route. I haven't yet used it but it's nice to know it's there if I need it and they actually act on significant issues. That's more than can be said for many large companies.

I've been very impressed with the results people have gotten with this route. I haven't yet used it but it's nice to know it's there if I need it and they actually act on significant issues. That's more than can be said for many large companies.

I was too, until Eric fed me the line of BS that he did. I currently have a 522 receiver. I asked before and everyone always said before I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I want a 622 receiver for the additional storage space, not the HD. Eric said he could do this for me, but I'd have to pay $49 upfront and $6 a month because this is an HD receiver, but I wouldn't be getting the HD programming. That's a crock of sh*t if you ask me. If a customer wants more storage space, they have to upgrade to HD programming, which in turn cost more money per month. That just ain't right. I've been a customer for almost 4 years and have every intention of continuing to be, but not once has DISH ever done anything for me as a way of saying thanks. I know they don't have to, but come on. $6/month penalty because I have the HD receiver but not the programming? What money hungry grubs they are.

I was too, until Eric fed me the line of BS that he did. I currently have a 522 receiver. I asked before and everyone always said before I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I want a 622 receiver for the additional storage space, not the HD. Eric said he could do this for me, but I'd have to pay $49 upfront and $6 a month because this is an HD receiver, but I wouldn't be getting the HD programming. That's a crock of sh*t if you ask me. If a customer wants more storage space, they have to upgrade to HD programming, which in turn cost more money per month. That just ain't right. I've been a customer for almost 4 years and have every intention of continuing to be, but not once has DISH ever done anything for me as a way of saying thanks. I know they don't have to, but come on. $6/month penalty because I have the HD receiver but not the programming? What money hungry grubs they are.

It's call a HD enableing fee. Every customer pays it. If you don't want HD.
I still think it's Cheap comcast in my area wants 14.99 For a POS DVR box.
Why should Dish make an exception just for you. You want more space you pay.

Because he e-mailed that address explicitly for the purpose of getting an exception just for himself? You know, like 99% of the people that e-mail that address.

I know exactly what it's called. I still think it's a crock of sh*t for people who want the receiver and not HD. HD subscribers have the option of either the 622 (250 hrs) or the 722 (350hrs). Why shouldn't the standard programming subscribers get an option too? That's all I'm saying. The option I do have is to get "penalized" for having an HD receiver, but not the programming.

Because he e-mailed that address explicitly for the purpose of getting an exception just for himself? You know, like 99% of the people that e-mail that address.

I emailed that address because the schmucks on the 1-800 number could never give me an answer. So I figured I'd try to get an answer, which I did by the way, by going a different route. If DISH doesn't want people emailing them, they shouldn't have email. Plain and simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)