Upgrade to HD

Dans97

Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Newbie,

Hi everyone, have been looking but can't really find the answers.

1. To go to HD do you need two dishes, or does it depend on where you live? Have a dish 500 pro.
2. Is it best to call the 800 number to upgrade , do it online, or cut to the chase and e-mail ceo@.

Thanx

Hey Newbie,

1. Yes it depends where you live . . . I live in Central CT and I have to have 2 Dish 500's (1 for SD and 1 for HD).

2. As far as installation, choose your poison, pray and hope for the best!

3. CSR's will tell you that you only need 1 Dish, but they never know what they are talking about, so don't get your hopes up if they say you will need only 1 Dish.

GOOD LUCK :)

Needing two dishes as opposed to one depends on your area and what sat your HD locals and HD rsns are on (depending of course if they are available in your area). Need info as to your location and dma to give correct answer for your area.

Location :Western NY south of Rochester, no HD locals as yet ,too far for OAT HD I believe . If and when the HD locals come I may as well be setup for them.:)

Location :Western NY south of Rochester, no HD locals as yet ,too far for OAT HD I believe . If and when the HD locals come I may as well be setup for them.:)

NY will need two dishes, one for 110/119 and the other for 61.5. With HD pacakage, second dish is part of the install. HD for OTA is not usually part of the install but several installers will do for a separate fee. If there is an reliable installer in your area, it may be better to go with them. You have less control by calling the 800 #, but it is possible to get the same installer. It's kind of pot luck.

dan97: I have the arrangement described by garys and it works just fine. I even have the old legacy LNBFs with a SW64 in the basement - life is good.:)

Just my 2 cents.

--Doug

Dans97,

How far south of Rochester? I live north of Buffalo (Just west of Lockport) and I get Buffalo locals OTA and some of those are from about 42 miles distant. I mean .... getting them SOLID. So unless you have some terrain issues (which is a possibility in that area) you may be able to get Rochester locals just fine OTA. Using a CM4228 antenna and shooting THROUGH 60 foot pines and maples. I'm kinda surprised but I'm just saying, don't rule things out too easily. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts