CES 2008: Sony Showcases 2 BD-Live Players

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
CES 2008: Sony Showcases 2 BD-Live Players to reflect PS3 2.0

CES 2008: Sony Showcases 2 BD-Live Players

Posted January 6, 2008 by Josh

ces.gif
At the Sony booth, they are showcasing two new prototype BD-Live players. The Sapphire 3 and 4 will both be Profile 2.0. Sony also has indicated that the PS3 will get a BD-Live upgrade sometime in the future.

Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink
Link: Blu-ray.com - CES 2008: Sony Showcases 2 BD-Live Players

Last edited:
Icewolf, change your thread title to reflect PS3 2.0

Its not working, it shows the correct title when you click on the thread, but on the main list the old title remains....any mods able to do anything about this?

This is so, so sweet. No wonder 1.2 million PS3s were plucked off the shelves over the holiday season.

Yepp, and theyll only sell more. DTSMA and 2.0 :D

Its not working, it shows the correct title when you click on the thread, but on the main list the old title remains....any mods able to do anything about this?

When you edited it, did you do "advanced" and then edit the title. Looks like you just edited the title of your post. No big deal, just figured itd draw more attention as this is a great thing.

Have I yet to be wrong on the PS3? The only differance between 1.1 and 2.0 Vurbano is access to the internet and 1GB of memory. The PS3 has both. The only thing I am not sure of on a PS3 is support for DTSHD-Master decoding either on board with the Cell or bitstreaming (which most have said is not possible even though there is a selection of bitstreaming 7.1 channels over the hdmi in the menu).

Have I yet to be wrong on the PS3? The only differance between 1.1 and 2.0 Vurbano is access to the internet and 1GB of memory. The PS3 has both. The only thing I am not sure of on a PS3 is support for DTSHD-Master decoding either on board with the Cell or bitstreaming (which most have said is not possible even though there is a selection of bitstreaming 7.1 channels over the hdmi in the menu).

Bitstreaming is only for legacy codecs. Yes, those can be bitstreamed and decoded in the receiver. Advanced codecs cannot and will not be able to. The only hope is for internal decoding. Whether or not we shall see. The DTS Master codec is extremely complicated. That is why it still has not been implemeted.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)