CES 2016 = HOPPER 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
By this "hub" do you mean just a standard solo node?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
The Hopper3 works with the hybrid LnB, per Vivek. That means that nodes no longer work, and with what Scott said earlier, the hub will disable the xip for zip once the H3 is connected. So no node, only a solo hub.

Someone on autopay that has not changed many dvrs everytime they thought there was something broke on their current dvr.:p

Is that 16 physical tuners, or rather a new/improved version of Dish PTAT using 4 physical tuners?
That is the million $ question, I can't find that info anywhere yet.

Assuming it isn't just 4 "PTAT" type tuners for 16 total, I have a guess on how they might handle it. Since 1 line has all 3 satellites, internally they could separate 110/119/129 (for us westerners) out and effectively hook them to a built in DP33 or 44 switch, basically giving them unlimited tuner ability. I have been an installer for a long time, and this is just a guess on how it might be being done. I have never heard of that technology, I just dreamed it up, but I think it could work.

The new Hybrid LnBs don't use nodes anymore, there are threads talking about them around.
Yes I found that out laat night in a main thread on it in the "Hopper Zone" forum.

Wasn't aware of these new "Dish Pro Hybrid" LNBFs.

(Exclusively been a DIRECTV sub. for the past 20 years so haven't kept abreast on the latest on the other side of the fence ).

That being said, while I pride myself in being able to grasp how these satellite xpndr selection and signal distribution technologies work, this one has got me pretty much stumped so far. At first glance I thought Dish is using a type of Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) scheme similar the DIRECTV SWiM system for this DPH LNBF.

But with the need for a second coax run from the LNBF for a two Hopper or Hopper + SJ install, that confuses things again and is like a shift back toward their standard DPP frequency block stacking method.

Yes I found that out laat night in a main thread on it in the "Hopper Zone" forum.

Wasn't aware of these new "Dish Pro Hybrid" LNBFs.

(Exclusively been a DIRECTV sub. for the past 20 years so haven't kept abreast on the latest on the other side of the fence ).

That being said, while I pride myself in being able to grasp how these satellite xpndr selection and signal distribution technologies work, this one has got me pretty much stumped so far. At first glance I thought Dish is using a type of Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) scheme similar the DIRECTV SWiM system for this DPH LNBF.

But with the need for a second coax run from the LNBF for a two Hopper or Hopper + SJ install, that confuses things again and is like a shift back toward their standard DPP frequency block stacking method.

I think the "Hub" is basically just a Moca connection point. They could have built it into the LNB, but they obviously have a reason why they didn't.

Reactions: Dudleydog73

The secret is the new DPH (hybrid) LNBF. It can output DP or DPP or DPX (1 or 2 Hoppers/SuperJoeys) or DPZ for the H3. DPZ is totally different, sort of like DirecTV's SWiM. Instead of stacking bands of transponders like DP/DPP/DPX, it stacks up to 16 individual transponders to feed 16 different tuners. The LNBF selects at power-up DP/DPP/DPX mode or DPZ mode if it detects an H3 or Wally on port 1.

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
The secret is the new DPH (hybrid) LNBF. It can output DP or DPP or DPX (1 or 2 Hoppers/SuperJoeys) or DPZ for the H3. DPZ is totally different, sort of like DirecTV's SWiM. Instead of stacking bands of transponders like DP/DPP/DPX, it stacks up to 16 individual transponders to feed 16 different tuners. The LNBF selects at power-up DP/DPP/DPX mode or DPZ mode if it detects an H3 or Wally on port 1.
That is interesting info, where did you learn that?

Does this mean the "all 4 networks on one transponder" trick is not necessary on the H3? (except to make a virtual 19 tuners when PTAT is activated?)

Reactions: brad1138

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)