CES 2016 = HOPPER 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have 2 HWS, 3 joeys, and a wireless joey. Would I be able to replace one HWS with a Hopper 3 or would more changes be needed?
If you couldn't have multiple hoppers with a super Joey for business rules, likely you will only be allowed one H3

I currently have 2 HWS and 1 Joey. Whenever we can upgrade, what should I go with?

1 Hopper 3 and......? Does one Joey have a faster processor than the others? Just looking for best user experience.

It's too bad the 4K Joey isn't available at the same time.

I have stopped kinda following the newest hardware when I got my 722 (not K). I am a customer since 2003 and out of contract since 2005. I often run into the problem that two tuners are not enough. I wonder how much a Hopper upgrade would be for a customer like me.

I have stopped kinda following the newest hardware when I got my 722 (not K). I am a customer since 2003 and out of contract since 2005. I often run into the problem that two tuners are not enough. I wonder how much a Hopper upgrade would be for a customer like me.
I would hope free, but if not my guess would be $99 or $199. We will have to wait and see.

Likely free since they said "free upgrade with qualifying accounts".

And to think, I just activated my second HWS to get in before the price increase! I'll have to see in a few months if I need more than the 2 hoppers worth of tuners and no joeys; or if a hopper 3 and 2 Joey is a better fit. I like the idea of 1 tuner box instead if 2, but there whole arguement for 2 separated boxes does have some merit. I wonder if I have a hopper active now and upgrade to hopper 3 after the new fee structure in mid January goes into effect will I still be grandfathered? I suspect not.
Miner

The H3 has the 4 channel quad view,
Will any of the other connect devices (joeys) support the quad view?
If so, which models (joey, SJ, 4kjoey)?

Did I read only 4 tuners can be watched simultainously on my 5 tvs, requiring 5th tv to share tuner or restrict to dvr/stream?

Will quad view cut into viewable tuners for other tvs?

The H3 has the 4 channel quad view,
Will any of the other connect devices (joeys) support the quad view?
If so, which models (joey, SJ, 4kjoey)?

Did I read only 4 tuners can be watched simultainously on my 5 tvs, requiring 5th tv to share tuner or restrict to dvr/stream?

Will quad view cut into viewable tuners for other tvs?
4K joey supports dual view or PIP using 2 tuners, quad view on the Hopper3 uses 4 tuners, that leaves 10 more tuners for recording and Joey live view.
Other Joeys only have single view and there are no viewing restrictions with Hopper3.

Anyone get a look or familiar with the rear of the Hopper 3?

Looks like it will definitely need at least 2 satellite cable runs to bring in all six DPP frequency blocks to support up to 16 independent tuners.

But where does that leave room for the seventh DPP block for international service at 118.7W for those customers with a dish 1000+ or something?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Looks like it will definitely need at least 2 satellite cable runs to bring in all six DPP frequency blocks to support up to 16 independent tuners.

But where does that leave room for the seventh DPP block for international service at 118.7W for those customers with a dish 1000+ or something?

Even still 8 Tuners per Coax, I'm not complaining.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've seen this question a couple of times still unawsered,

HWS+H2K+3 joeys...

Do I change just HWS for H3
Or
Do I have to go to H3 + 4 joeys?
You can't have any other Hopper on the account with the Hopper3.
That has been answer in the other threads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2 coax to hub, one cable from hub to Hopper3. Scott has mentioned this a few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts