CES Day 4 - TimeTrax & SBC / Dish Network U-VERSE

Since this was posted late Friday, I am bumping it in hope that more people see the 2wire box. :)

Please share your thoughts.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The unit will be rolled out wherever SBC offers DSL service. :)

Oh yes I forgot to mention it has two OTA tuners and can record OTA Digital signals. :D

FWIW: I have been told that intially (this summer) that this package will only be rolled out in the "western" portion of SBC's markets. I wasn't told how far "west" is, but they did not think that IL or MO would see this package this year.

JosephB said:
IMHO they should just stick with the setup they're going with. Satellite is the perfect medium for broadcasting. Fiber to your house is the perfect medium for narrowcasting. Personally, I think its a waste of bandwidth to send a separate copy of every channel duplicated down every piece of fiber.
Well, with fiber instead of sending ALL channels down the fiber, develop receivers that request a channel and allow that channel to stream to the receiver so now you're only using x bandwidth per tuner (or TV) connected to your network.

Just a thought...

wied said:
SBC has to lay the fiber first. Having worked with SBC they are really draging there feet on laying new fiber.
True. The latest I've read is that undeveloped areas will get fiber first (new infrastructure), then areas where there is no broadband service. Places where DSL is currently available will probably be updated last simply because a form of broadband access is available, even if it isn't fiber. That sucks for me because I live in a DSL area so I probably won't get fiber to my house for years.

Scott, you should know as a dealer that its unlikely that SBC will allow dish dealers to sell that product. Personally I can not get to excited about it.
Dish announced in At the Orlando Team summit 3yrs. ago that we were going to be able to bundle @ a discount SBC DSL & Dish Network programming that has not happened, they announce with much fanfare @ last years Team summit in Dallas @ the Summit Elite reception again with even more fanfare & told us how good this was for the Dealers. Well here we are again almost a year later & that deals still not available to dealers, SBC is stealing our customers, it appears that it was a good deal for Dish. Early details leaked out of the possible program to dealers , SBC deal if we sold it reduced commissions, no residuals. Why did they bother to tell us about it At the Elite dealers reception? It was an insult!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)