CEs for 8/22

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
CEs are planned for ALL HR20/HR21/HR22 and R15/R22 units.

No word on notes yet, just TBA.

DirecTV is asking for extra emphasis on the R15 units. So if you have an R15, please plan to check out this release :)

This will be my first CE experience, I just love tinkering!

I have the HR21, btw. Are there any reports of this (or any other CEs) fixing the lockup when ethernet connected problem on the HR21?

Im hopeing that we will see some 1080p Improvments.

Goalie,
How is it that D* is running 1080p ?
Are the boxes even designed for 1080p, if they are whouldn't you have thought that they would have pushed the 1080p and promo'd it to death ?

I don't think your actually seeing 1080p ....

Jimbo

Sweet. Im getting back into the CE fun with this one.

Ive seen how some are reporting errors(??) to D*. Is there some new addition in the recent CE's that allow bug reporting?

Thanks.

Goalie,
How is it that D* is running 1080p ?
Are the boxes even designed for 1080p, if they are whouldn't you have thought that they would have pushed the 1080p and promo'd it to death ?

I don't think your actually seeing 1080p ....

Jimbo

Jimbo, D* did announce it in a press release that they were going to have 1080p, they announced it even before E* did. IIRC, the D* and E* boxes are both using the same Broadcom chip that does support 1080p output.

And BTW, my TV does report that it's seeing 1080p/24hz output while playing the test download.

Jimbo, D* did announce it in a press release that they were going to have 1080p, they announced it even before E* did. IIRC, the D* and E* boxes are both using the same Broadcom chip that does support 1080p output.

And BTW, my TV does report that it's seeing 1080p/24hz output while playing the test download.

when will i be able to use this on my hr21? it's still only for hr20's right?

I am willing to bet that if Dish did not screw up and launch their new TurboDish website accidently where it mentioned that Dish was going to have 1080p VOD that DirecTV would have never put out their press release talking about 1080p (in effect beating Dish to the punch) :)

Release notes are posted for all receivers tonight.

They also added a D11 & D12 for anyone with the basic SD receivers.

BTW im getting a 1080P signal from the test sources too, allthough my tv is not chewing on it right.. Hopefully we will see some fixes. Im at 80 percent right now and hopefully we will see before I go to bed.

Just watched the first 5 minutes of The Bucket List 1080p on mr HR20. Both lights came on and it started playing right away.

Ill be the first to admit, I was skeptical, but thats changed. On my 50", the download gives the blu-ray a run for its money. Now if your into HD audio, theres no comparison there, but I own all the really good movies so downloading average to ok movies on DOD 1080p would be fine by me.

Is there any documentation that states that the HR/20/21 handles 1080p ?
I don't believe that any of the owners manuals state that.
Can you go from 1080i to 1080 p with a simple software update ?
Having the same chipset as the Dish unit is fine, but being able to handle a resolution upgrade, is quite another.

Jimbo

Is there any documentation that states that the HR/20/21 handles 1080p ?
I don't believe that any of the owners manuals state that.
Can you go from 1080i to 1080 p with a simple software update ?
Having the same chipset as the Dish unit is fine, but being able to handle a resolution upgrade, is quite another.

Jimbo

I read in another thread that the Dish receivers that support 1080p use the same Broadcom(?) chip used for output in D*'s HD receivers.

The only thing that was holding either provider back on 1080p was drivers for the broadcom chipsets. The hardware is fully capable.

The drivers are now out, but will need some work to be in good everyday use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)