CE's for Good Friday / Easter Weekend

Let's hope for some goodies!! Version for HR34/44 Genie is 0862 and Version for Hx2x is 084F/484F!! :)

Last edited:
Each week, the zero and dash buttons get a little more touchy and less cooperative. The zero barely works now. Took 8 tries to download tonight...

Observations on version 084F on my HR24-200.

There are still major problem with OnDemand.

1. The layout of vertical tall thin boxes to hold horizontal text for titles frankly sucks. You'd think that if you had to have boxes, given that all languages DirecTV supports are written horizontally, you'd at least use horizontal boxes. Are you preparing to display titles in Chinese or Japanese? This layout required shrinking the size of the title text and make the layout both difficult to use and unreadable. This is the most serious problem from my viewpoint as I am a heavy user of OnDemand.

2. There is no longer an "All" entry for each channel. This forces me into a game of guessing into which catagory you decided to place the program I'm looking for.

3. There are no longer markers in the program listing showing which program have already been downloaded.

I have been a heavy user of OnDemand. The net effect of these changes is to change downlaod program from an easy task of a few minutes to an much longer ordeal. I don't mean this as a threat, but if OnDemand remains this difficult to use, I will be shifting to a different service. There was nothing wrong with the original progam listing layout. It was superior in every respect to what you have now. I'm hoping you will decide to just drop the OnDemand changes and revert to the previous listing format.

++PLS

Unsure if this is the best place, but hopefully an engineer might see it. I'm not even doing CE loads anymore (been a couple of years?) but my HR44 pulled 0x862 yesterday morning and it killed the receiver. Wouldn't load, won't respond to front panel buttons, etc. I have an HDMI multiswitch between it and the TV so I pulled that to do a direct connection to the TV and was able to red-button reboot it to at least get -something-. I figured it was the hard drive but it said it was trying to downrev the update to 0x73a? It failed (I think) so I did a 02468 reboot and it -did- pull 0x808 and all was well with the world again. I put the multiswitch back into line and everything worked. Woke up this morning and it had pulled 0x862 -again- and had to do all the same stuff again.

So I'm guessing someone "fixed" maybe the EDID code in there and now it won't work with multiswitches? Or..? *shrug* Anyway. Trouble ticket filed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)