CE's for the First Weekend of 2012

As a question, who has lost their recorded stuff on their dvr from doing the CE updates?...I haven't just out of curiosity....

I don't believe I've heard of anyone losing their recordings, I think what may be more possible but still unlikely would be to lose your timers.

My update is taking an extremely long time after the download. It's stuck at black screen right now.

Jimbo said:
anything on the % meter ?

It finished the download, it just went to black screen after it hit 100%. It does this each week, just doesn't take this long each time.

The "My Directv" is populated. Longer black pause when channels are changed. Pandora and YouTube are now in Extras. HR23-700.

My receiver is working as fast as it did before.....I like the new UI...easier to read....but...no YouTube or Pandora...I have the Wireless CCC

Just now downloading 0599 on my hr24-500. I'm growing more frustrated with the consistent lag I experience each time I press any button after not using my remote for any period of time. Sometimes the response takes a few seconds to appear, but usually I'm forced to repeat the same button press to get anything to pop up. This has been happening with each new CE since the HD GUI releases.

New batteries, same problems :(

It finished the download, it just went to black screen after it hit 100%. It does this each week, just doesn't take this long each time.

Patience ....

You could turn the TV off and in the morning you'll be done !
My point is you don't have to watch it ...

Jimbo said:
Patience ....

You could turn the TV off and in the morning you'll be done !
My point is you don't have to watch it ...

Oh I know. I have nothing else to do anyway! :)

I tried powering receiver off and on and got nothing. Ended up restarting receiver and looks like we are getting somewhere.

Just now downloading 0599 on my hr24-500. I'm growing more frustrated with the consistent lag I experience each time I press any button after not using my remote for any period of time. Sometimes the response takes a few seconds to appear, but usually I'm forced to repeat the same button press to get anything to pop up. This has been happening with each new CE since the HD GUI releases.

That is really odd, usually it's just the opposite, things run faster ... however always wait 24 hours till you determine if it's running slower after a d/l, as there is a lot of background stuff going on with the software.

MikeFr said:

I've noticed when I press exit before pressing guide or list, I get a faster response. Have you tried that?

Curious... the release notes said 0x58c.. whats the deal with 0599?

I never saw that, you sure your looking at the correct ones ?
I think that was an old CE version.
In the notes things that are mentioned as being something done too usually post what CE it was that implimented them.

In reply to gigahurtz.. reply w/ quote not working..

I will try that, I know that helps on channels like Weather and any sports channel to block the interactive features.. when watching DVR'd events that wouldn't work so well though. I'll say that the sluggishness has increased since the HD GUI releases have been packed with all their existing features. The 1st round of updates were blazingly fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)