CE's for the first Weekend of 2015

I am ready for it and let's CE!! Version for HR34 & HR44 Genie is 00D7 and Version for Hx2x is 096D / 496D!! :)

Last edited:
So I got a new harmony remote for Christmas, now I can get the download to work! I find this kinda odd, but it works! So I am back in! This is my first time with a mini client. Are there CE releases for these Units too? How do we get them if there are?

So I got a new harmony remote for Christmas, now I can get the download to work! I find this kinda odd, but it works! So I am back in! This is my first time with a mini client. Are there CE releases for these Units too? How do we get them if there are?

I believe it's the same software. When you do a CE, the clients shut off.

The clients do not re flash after genies take a ce that I have ever seen. I'm not sure how client software is tested or if it can be.

Keep your senses open to Genie Light. I really like to know what it is, to cause DirecTV to trademark it last year.
I am betting its the new directv H44 receiver. I have heard it has no internal HDD but you can add one via Esata. Again this is only what I have heard from others. Hopefully it has multiple tuners. If it has say 5 tuners and will play nice with a regular genie it could be a way to add clients without taking up tuners from the genie.(this is me just postulating though)

On Demand is broken again.

Here's the full story. The On Demand updates for the Anime Channel that were supposed to happen on 12/25 and 1/1 did not happen as scheduled.

The 1/1 update finally happened on 1/3. In the afternoon I marked and downloaded all the programs in the 1/1 update. There were no problems and all programs downloaded.

In the evening download window on 1/3, I downloaded and installed this CE update. There were no apparent problems.

Late afternoon 1/5 I discover that the anime channel update for 12/25 is present. All programs that should be in the list are present.

I start going through and marking programs to download. After about 3 programs, when I return to the category page instead of showing the full listing of 20 or so programs it only shows 3. The other categories give the "no programs in the filter" message. Exiting and reentering On Demand does not change the listings. I note that the programs that I did mark for download are shown in the playlist and appear to be downloading correctly, even though those programs are no longer shown in the On Demand program listing.

Report sent 20151015-1228.

I'll try rebooting and maybe CLEARMYBOX and see if that makes a difference. I post results later.

One other bug report, not about this release, but about something that has been present for a long time. With the holiday program marathons many of the channel have run, I ran my box out of space around Christmas. When this happens you get a dialog that gives you the choice of deleting the oldest program or stopping the program being recorded. The dialog tells you what program will be deleted if you pick that option. But it does not tell you what program is being recorded. And, no, it isn't necessarily the one being watched.

Thanks
++PLS

Keep your senses open to Genie Light. I really like to know what it is, to cause DirecTV to trademark it last year.
Would that be the H44(versus the HR44) that's been mentioned on redh directv firmware updater website?

I was too lazy & tired to get out of bed this past weekend to D/L the current CE,but I should be back in the game this upcoming weekend.

Re On Demand problem...

Rebooting the receiver restored the On Demand program listing. I was only able to mark one new program for download because the 12/25 update for the Anime Channel is only partially there. Maybe Tuesday the rest of the update will appear and I can try to download the rest of the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)