CE'S for the last Weekend of March

I am ready for it and some goodies!!Version for HR34/44 Genie is 085B and Version for Hx2x is 0848/4848!! :)

Last edited:
Enjoy the genie Hancox, a great upgrade from two or three tuners.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I downloaded this version onto my HR24/200. My immediate impression is that everything was faster, even immediately after the download.

No problems seen immediately, but starting Monday night, all of the OnDemand channels, when accessed by channel, just give a message saying that the channel is not available. The OnDemand programming is still there. If I know the title of a program, I can SmartSearch by title and find the OnDemand entries, and successfully download and watch them. Checking just before I post this, accessing via the OnDemand channel list still just gives "channel not available".

At this point, I am suspicious of the free disk space calculation. I am used to deleting a 1 hr HD program freeing up a certain percent of disk space. Now it frees up less. I need more time with the to be sure there really is a problem.

Two other things that aren't new with this release, but I'll complain anyway.
1. The message that you get when you run out of disk space when recording offers a choice of stopping recording or deleting the oldest program. The dialog will tell you what the oldest program is, once you figure out the non-obvioous scrollling, but it does not tell you what program is being recorded. And no, it isn't necessarily the one you're currently watching. The dialog wording is also a bit misleading since the dialog can be triggered by downloading an OnDemand program.

2. I can't see the OnDemand directory format in this release because access via the OnDemand channel listing is broken, as above. But the change made in a recent production update is awful. The new format takes up more space, shows less information, and on my TV is pretty much completely unreadable. To add insult to injury, there is no longer an "All" entery to show all programs in a channel, and while a program is highlighted you cannot see the indicator telling you that the program is already downloaded. I'm a heavy user of OnDemand, and this feature is not almost completely unusable.. I think your developers need to realize that not everyone has a 100" HD set or 20-10 vision. The type size for the program names is much smaller than it used to be and my eyes are no longer the best.

Quick addition. I sent report number 20140402-25A7 immediately after attempting to get the OnDemand directory for the Anime Channel via Menu/Search/OnDemand/By Channel/Anime Channel. I received the error "channel not available".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)